7 - Something New, Something Out of the Blue

July

INGREDIENTS: Ox-tail Soup

1-2 Ib Ox-tail (yeee booiiii)

1 tbsp olive oil

1 onion

1 tsp garlic

4 cups water

2 potatoes

250g green beans

1 tomato

1 tsp paprika

1 tsp chili powder

Tita's POV

If you had to choose that one person to make you feel better, who would it be? For me, I'd choose Chencha. Oh Chencha, what would do I without you?

It's been days since my breakdown, and I was so happy to see Chencha with ox tail soup in hand. Oh how long has it been since I tasted the flavor of childhood memories? And what makes it the best is that I could see Nacha right beside me while i was eating the dish. Oh no here comes the tears!

But thank you Chencha for these tears, for this soup, and for bringing me back to reality

But thank you Chencha for these tears, for this soup, and for bringing me back to reality. Okay I think I just triggered John since he came barging in. I guess my crying was thunderous and flooding the room. Hehehe, oopsies.

So I just found out from Chencha that like Gertrudis' situation, she forbid anyone from mentioning my name and from visiting me. Well, at least she didn't burn my belongings and the kitchen.

Speaking of Gertrudis, not only did Chencha came to surprise me, she came to deliver a letter written by Gertrudis. Double surprise! In the letter, she just told me about her whereabouts, her plans, and thanking me for her clothes that I sent. Oh how much I miss her.

Chencha's POV

Today's the day. I'm coming for you Tita. Just kidding, I just thought it would be nice to pay her a visit at Dr. Brown's house. But before I left, I made sure to bring in one of Tita's favorite dishes, Ox-tail soup.

When John, Dr. Brown, lead me to the room she was staying in, my tears started streaming down my face. I could tell how happy she was to see me, from the long-lasting embrace we held just for a moment.

She was sipping at her soup while we talked about moments with Nacha, we shed a few tears here and there about the recipe. It was nice and I also got to share some gossip.

 It was nice and I also got to share some gossip