Chapter 9: Failed Plan

Lucy's POV

I start hyperventilating outside the room thinking of all the different conclusions that came to mind while hearing their conversation.

"Zeref, I think I hear a little mouse spying on us outside." As I hear that I instantly go quiet and teleport away from there before they caught me.
I go to some unknown part of Magnolia and stay there for a while thinking about everything that's happened.

'Who was that with Zeref?'

'What are they talking about?'

'And what's really going on?'

I try to rethink about everything that's happened, hoping that what I remember will answer my questions. Fairy Tail betrayed me, Zeref found and helped me, I'm a new person thanks to him, and now he's helping me with my revenge. Even as I recall my history there were still unanswered questions. Questions like;

'Who was pretending to be me a year ago?'

'How did Zeref know Fairy Tail was going to betray me?'

Questions like these just can't be ignored. Since it was Zeref that saved me, it has to be him that tells me the truth about everything.
I teleport back to my room where I saw Zeref conveniently waiting at the door for me, except he doesn't have his usual cocky smirk on. 
"Zeref?" I slowly start walking up to him. But as I get closer I see how serious he looks and I stop in my tracks.

"Lucy, I know you heard us talking before."

".....Well it was about me wasn't it?" I clench me fist as I start to feel the urge to start yelling at him.

"Yes. It was." His broad answer makes me even more mad so I just start screaming at him.

"Zeref what were you saying?! Who was that with you before?!! Why do you seem to know my future before anyone else does?" I starts breaking down and crying in front of him. "Please..... For once I just want to know the truth..."
I feel Zeref's arms wrap around me, except I didn't feel safe at all. I know everything is related to him somehow.

"Lucy-"