Chapter 10- Its Been a While Princess

6 Months Ago

Lucy's POV

"Lucy Heartfilia, you are hereby under arrest for the murder of hundreds of people and the destruction of multiple towns. We also know about your affiliation with the dark wizard known as Zeref along with your attempt to summon Acnologia." They come up to me and slap a handcuff around my wrist, except this one was more powerful, and it blocked all my magic.

"Wait! You can't just take her away from us!" I hear Natsu yell out.

"I'm afraid we can Natsu." Lahar says to Natsu.

"We don't want to do this as much as you but Lucy has been affiliated with the dark wizard Zeref and in the short span of one year she and him have already killed hundreds of innocent people. It's clear now, she's not the same Lucy we knew one year ago." Mest says. I look down in shame reflecting on my actions in the past year. Everyone looks at me, shocked, now that the found out.

"Lucy, is this true?" Gray asks like he's not wanting to believe it.

".....Yes, it is." I look over to Natsu. "But I'm so sorry." I start crying again. "I was so filled with hate and anger back then, that all I thought about was revenge. Because of what you guys did to me I went insane...... I am so sorry." In an instant, I feel someone run up to me and hug me. Unlike Zeref's before, this one was warm.

"Luce I promise we'll get you out and we'll be here for you when you get back. You can join Fairy Tail again when you do." He looks down at me and grins.

"N-Natsu.... thank you ." I let him go and look to the magic council. "Okay let's go." They nod and we start walking away but before I leave the guild doors I look back and see that everyone is holding up the Fairy Tail hand sign at me. "Goodbye Fairy Tail...." I whisper quietly, "Goodbye... Zeref..... I love you."

Present time 
Lucy's POV

It's been only 6 months since I was taken away to jail. I haven't heard from Zeref since he disappeared. I have heard Natsu a couple of times arguing with the magic council to let me out but no luck. Truth be told I don't want to leave. I don't want to face the humiliation and judgment for following Zeref. I believed and loved him with all my heart, all I got in return was the rest of my life in jail, which is an extremely long time.

"Heartfilia get out here."I follow the guards' orders and follow them into an all too familiar room. The torture room. I walk in and sit on the seat covered in wires. My hands and legs get locked into place. Lahar comes into the room and sits on the seat opposite of me.

"Lucy we don't have to constantly do this every week. Just tell us everything you know on Zeref, the more you don't talk the more guilty you seem." For the past 4 months, Lahar has been trying to convince me to tell them everything I know about Zeref and I still refuse to say anything. I just can't, even after all he's done, deep down inside I can't help but love him. "Lucy I'm truly sorry." As he says that I feel an immense jolt of electricity covering my body, numbing almost every inch of me.