Chapter 1!

Dollars!
-----
The Goal Isn't More Money , The Goal Is Living Life On Your Own Terms.
------------------------------
AMELIA'S P.O.V.
-
BEEP BEEP BEEP
-
I turn off my alarm clock and sit up in bed squinting my eyes as they adjust to the morning light.

My curtains aren't doing a good job in preventing the outside light from coming in.

I rub my eyes a little then slowly make my way out of bed to walk into the bathroom and take a quick shower.
-

I walk to my wardrobe and pull out a white crop top, white jeans with blue vans.

I change.

-

I go to my mirror and comb all my knots that made their way in my hair as I showered.

I then go to applying makeup. I apply some foundation, concealer, contour and a bit of highlighter first. Then I put on a light amount of eye-shadow and then eyeliner followed by mascara.

I don't really like wearing makeup normally but I have to look nice.

I fill my brows and go to applying Mac lipstick when I hear a joyous screaming and shouting coming from outside my room causing me to jump as its so all of a sudden,  also making my lipstick go on my cheek a little. I smile and hear my door knob rattling so I get on my knees and hold my hands out for my little sister Abigail to come and embrace me.

I hold her tight and soon she parts and starts squealing.
"MIMI, I'M GOWING TO MY FIRST PWOPER YEAR IN SCHOOL YAAAAAY!" she shouts in excitement.
"Yea, I know Abby and I'm really excited to find out about how it goes!" I say smiling at the unique nickname she gave me a while ago.
I hear footsteps moving along the floorboards outside and realised my mom was up.

I turn back to Abigail and smile.
"Abigail, you don't want to be getting late do you, so run to your room and get dressed , I've left your clothes on your desk chair." I say guiding her out.
I get a cloth and clean the lipstick that smudged and then apply more as slowly as possible.

I run downstairs and make Eggs with Toast for me and Abigail then make a coffee for my mom upstairs who is now probably suffering from a hangover. I still don't understand why I do this for her.

-

I slowly faded away from my mom as she started getting wasted because of what happened with my dad. We were all a happy family doing every thing a normal family would do. Take walks together , watch movies in our PJs , have pillow fights and all that. I wish I could relive them times , I would do anything to relive them.

I really miss my dad.

Death changes everything. Times changes nothing... I still miss the sound of your voice , the wisdom of your advice , the stories of your life and just being in your presence. So No , Time changes nothing. I miss you as much today as I did the day you died.

-

I wait for Abigail and when she arrives we munch on our breakfast.

-

"Ok Abby I hope you have everything, bag, books, kit and coat?" I question.
"Yeppity yep, yep yep yep!" She squeals.
We walk out the door and walk to school.

-

"Ok baby I'll see you after, have fun!" I say kissing her forehead.
'I'm more of Abby's mom then our actual mom is.' I think to myself and slightly chuckle.

I arrive outside a building and take a deep breath and walk in through the revolving doors.
"Hi, I'm new here and am here for the *cough cough* job." I say trying not to frown.
"Yeah whatever he's on the third floor, sixth door to the right, 46 , Mr Owens." replies the receptionist with sass.

Okay...

I make my way to the given room and knock waiting for a reply.
"Come in b**ch!" I hear a man shout.
I really really hate being called that but I ignore the fact he called me a female dog and turn the handle to then step in with my gaze on the floor.

'This was the only job I could get that paid right, why?' I think myself sighing.

"Sir I believe we agreed on $450." I mutter loud enough so he could hear and then look to see a man about 17-19 years of age.
"Yeah sure you'll get it just get your work here done." He says forming a smirk.
I undress...

-

I redress.
"Here's your money b**ch." He says tossing dollars on a table besides me.

Really? What's with the name calling.

"Thanks , I'll just leave now." I mutter again.
I walk out and into a washroom and clean myself up a little so I look ok to collect Abigail.

-

"Hi babe, how was it?!" I squeal and pick up Abby for a huge hug.
"IT WAS SOOO GOOD I MADE A FRIEND CALLED KHLOE AND SHE'S SOOOOOO NICE!" She screams making me jump.
"Ok let's get home." I say taking her bag in one hand and her hand in the other.

-----
874 Words.
-----
Until next Tuesday ... ✌️✌🏻✌🏼✌🏽✌🏾✌🏿 .
-----