22

"Justin! How unexpected! Come in sweetheart" Justin's grandmother beamed answering her door. "Thanks" Justin smiled stepping inside. "Oh and who's this pretty young lady?" She asked. "This is Char" Justin said. "Hello darling my name's Diane, please come inside, you look drained".

I tried to plaster a smile onto my face although the memory of what happened yesterday was still spinning round my head.

"You have a lovely house" I complimented wiping my feet at the front door. "Me and Bruce worked hard for it" Diane smiled politely. "Where shall I-" "Oh i'll take those" She said taking my bags out of my hands and putting them with Justin's under the stairs. "Come through" she gestured towards a door.

I nervously made my way to the door and opened it to see Justin, Pattie and Bruce.

"Hi Char" Pattie grinned pulling me into a warm hug.

She'd always been a motherly figure to me, even through my computer screen so hugging her felt like I was hugging my own mother, except she loved me.

"Hey stop hogging the girl! It's my turn!" Bruce yelled from a different direction.

Soon I was being pulled into his hug. It felt like a real family.

"Char come sit down" Justin said.

I nodded.

"So the big question, what are you doing here?" Bruce asked concerned.

I swallowed hard, i'd only just met these people and they had allowed me to enter their home, I didn't want them to know I was a murderer.

"We're just sight-seeing for a little while before we go back to New York to see Davie" Justin lied.

I breathed with a sigh of relief.

"I'm going to go and show Char the avon theatre, where it all started". Justin glanced at me. "Yeah we was talking about it yesterday" I lied trying to keep myself from trembling.

I was terrible at lying.

"How lovely!" Pattie smiled. "Why didn't you call though?" Diane asked. "I-" "We wanted to surprise you" I interrupted.

Diane laughed fakely.

"Justin can I just speak to you in the kitchen for a second?" Diane asked. "Oh and you too Pattie. Bruce would you please talk to our guest".

I sat silently with Bruce.

"Who is she?" I heard Diane whisper. "Char... She's going to feature on some of my new tracks, she's really talented" Justin replied.

I couldn't help but smile.

"Justin you can't just turn up to my home with random girls and expect me to let them stay" Diane stated. "Fine, we'll leave" Justin answered angrily. "No Justin your grandmother didn't mean that, she just means you can't just expect that of her" Pattie included. "Can we stay or not?" Justin asked. "Of course you can stay, I love you, you are my pride and joy, i'm here whenever you need me... but you need to tell me the real reason you're here. I can read you like a book and I know that you lied to me in there." Diane went on.

I swallowed hard. I wanted them to know because I hated lying to them but I didn't want them to think I was a horrible person for what I had done.

"Me and Char was at Miley Cyrus' party last night and..." "Come on spit it out Justin" Pattie hurried. "Well something happened..." "Come on what?!" Diane spoke louder. "Well there was an accident with my ex and her and Char had a slight argument and I don't want her to get in trouble or linked to it in any way" Justin explained. "Why would she get in trouble if she didn't do anything? She didn't do anything... did she?" Diane questioned.

I shut my eyes and listened carefully, it was over. He was going to tell them I killed her and they were going to call the police.

"No, she didn't do anything. Char's innocent" Justin lied.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Okay Justin, but go and show her the guest room and get her into the shower, she looks awful" Pattie demanded.

They came back into the room with me and Bruce and I looked away pretending I didn't hear anything.

"Did this lazy bugger not even talk to you?" Diane laughed. "No" I replied laughing. "He dozed off". "Oh i'm so sorry" Diane apologised. "Don't worry about it, i'm not much of a talker anyway" I shrugged. "Justin please talk our guest's bags and show her to the guest room, she looks exhausted".

"Here we are" Justin said throwing my bags onto a huge double bed. "Wow" I gasped. "What?". "It's huge!" I said looked around the room. "No this is one of the small rooms" Justin shrugged. "Seriously?". "Yep". "Well if this is a small room then I need to see one of the big ones" I laughed. "Come on then" Justin said gesturing for me to follow him.

We went into a room with a double bed the size of the one in the guest room except the walls were painted purple and had posters all over them.

"So is this your room?" I asked. "Yep" Justin boasted. "Wait is this Beyonce?" I laughed pointing to one of the posters. "Ummm, no" Justin laughed nervously trying to cover it.

It was Beyonce.

I looked around the room at multiple pictures of Justin with his family, pictures with Scooter and pictures with other celebrities but one picture caught my eye. Avalanna.

"Do you miss her?" I asked pointing to her. "Everyday" He admitted sitting on his bed. "She's in a better place now" I tried to lighten the mood. "They all say that, but I want her here, I want her here with me".

I didn't know what to say to him.

He cupped his face.

"She's looking down on you and she's so proud of you, you know that don't you?" I put my arm round him. "I'm sorry I can't talk about this right now Char, not with the situation we're in with Selena. Just go and have a shower while I calm down because i'll cry and I won't be able to stop for hours" Justin said.

"Okay, i'm sorry".

I left his room feeling like an idiot.