24

I stood awkwardly in the airport clutching a small bag of clothes waiting for Charleigh to appear.

"Hey!" I heard someone yell.

It was Charleigh.

"Oh hi" I smiled. "Come on" She said tugging on my arm.

There was paparazzi everywhere. I couldn't see any celebrities.

"CHAR CHAR"

I turned around to see a man with a camera shouting my name.

"CHAR WHERES JUSTIN?"
"HAVE YOU AND JUSTIN SPLIT UP?"
"WHERE IS BIEBER?"

The paparazzi were here for me. I was so confused.

"Ey up" Charleigh said.

I began talking to her but I soon realised she had stopped and was smiling for the cameras.

"Charleigh come on!" I yelled.

I couldn't be around paparazzi, not with my situation.

-------------------

"Here we are" Charleigh said unlocking her door.

I walked in to the smell of Gucci Rush.

"It smells nice in here" I complimented. "Thanks, sit down" she gestured towards her sofa.

I sat down and glanced around the room.

"So why are you here and not with Biebs?" Charleigh asked. "We had an argument". "About what?". "Nothing much, just stupid things". "Like what?". "What is this? 21 questions?" I laughing tucking my hair behind my ear. "Okay whatever" She said lifting her hands up defensively.

She went into the kitchen and I heard her messing with glasses.

"Do you want a drink?" She yelled. "Its only 3pm?" I answered. "So?" she yelled back. "Okay yeah" I agreed.

She came back in with a litre bottle of Bacardi, 2 glasses, 2 shot glasses and a litre bottle of coca-cola.

After 2 hours, we had an empty bottle of coca-cola, an empty bottle of Bacardi and a 2 half empty bottles of Jack Daniels. We was so drunk I couldn't even see.

"You know what, I don't even know you and I love you" Charleigh slurred. "You know... I love you too". "For all I know, you could be a murderer". "I am a murderer" I admitted sipping my drink. "What the fuck seriously?" Charleigh gasped. "Yep" I admitted confidently.

What was I doing?

"High five girl!" Charleigh yelled lifting her hand.

I slapped her hand and we clinked drinks.

"So who did you kill?" Charleigh laughed. "Shhhh" I raised my index finger to my lips.

Charleigh leaned forwards.

"Tell me" She whispered.

I opened my mouth to speak but I stopped myself.

"I can't tell you" I giggled. "You can! You're my best friend!". "We've known each other for three days?". "It's not about who you've known the longest, it's about who will stay until the end" she recited.

I shut my eyes and sipped my drink again.

"Selena Gomez" I whispered before laughing.

Charleigh suddenly became less intoxicated.

"You mean you're serious?!" She yelled. "Yeah" I shrugged. "It's just one of those things I suppose".
"No it isn't just one of those things! You are a murderer!" Charleigh yelled again. "Stop shouting at me!". "Why?". "...Because i've had enough of an earful from Justin about it". "Justin knows?". "Yeah he saw me do it".

Charleigh stared at me blankly.

"He saw you kill his ex-girlfriend? Is he bothered". "I don't even know. I don't even want to live anymore, just pour me another drink". "Pour your own drink... i'm going to bed". "It's only 8pm?". "I don't give a fuck. I am drunk and I am allowing a murderer to live in my house. I need to sleep it off". Charleigh trudged into her hallway holding her head, swaying slightly.

-----------------

Justin's POV

It's 8pm and I feel ill with worry. I'm worried about Char. How her 3 'friends' will react to her coming home.

"What is it sweety?" My mom said walking in my room. "It's Char, she's been gone 7 hours and I miss her already" I sighed. "When your father left me when you was 2, I cried uncontrollably for weeks and weeks, I felt like my heart had been ripped out. I love your father so very much but we didn't work. Not all relationships work out Justin you need to know that". "We wasn't even in a relationship mom". "Well what was going on?". "I don't even know". I shrugged. "Did you have any feelings for her?". "Of course I did, I care about her". "So why aren't you after her? Why aren't you trying to make it work Justin? If you want something, you need to go and get it". My mom advised. "I appreciate what you're saying mom but me going after her won't do any good. She wanted to leave, I didn't push her away" I held my head in my hands.

She put her arm around my back and stoked my side with her thumb.

"I'm sure if you talked to her she might consider coming back and doing the album with you" She said. "She won't. I messed up. I wasn't there when she needed me". "She still needs you, she's out there alone". "She isn't alone, she has her friends and the rest of the people in the boarding house".

My mom stopped and looked at me.

"Boarding house?" She asked.

Shit. Char had told them she lived with her parents.

"I- She- Um-". "Don't even try making up an excuse. Justin Drew Bieber tell me the truth right now!" She demanded.

"Char's parents were killed when she was little and she's lived in a boarding house since she was 12. She did something bad 3 days ago and I wasn't there to support her. She was scared and I didn't help. I shouted at her and now she's gone" I explained.

"If you won't take my advice, fine, but at least come downstairs and spend time with your family, we're all worried" She suggested.

I hauled myself down the stairs and flopped onto the couch in front of the telly and flicked through the channels and put on the news.

"The acting and singing sensation Selena Gomez is in hospital in a coma after suffering from a major head injury. There will be more news on her condition later".

My heart raced. I glanced up at the TV set and my jaw dropped as I saw an image of Selena in a hospital bed. She was alive. Char wasn't a murderer!