chapter four

Just a little disclaimer, this story is placed in a mixed world of FFXIII and FFXV, so these two stories are combined in one, you'll see why. Of course, i changed the main stories to my liking but most of the basics remain. Thank you!

🐥🐥🐥

And suddenly, the things had taken a really bad turn out of the blue. Insomnia had fallen to the hands of the Niflheim, something that was unexpected by everyone. Noctis was enraged, his father was announced dead and there was nothing he could do about it. He was screaming, he could not believe at Ignis' words.

Mae felt very sad for the prince, just last night they were hanging out and chatting, she believed they had gotten much closer. But now, everything was ruined. Noctis' home was wrecked and so was his heart.

Lumina remained silent, sharing a gaze of sympathy or two with Prompto, who seemed just as sad. It was his home and she knew exactly what it meant to have your home destroyed, taken from you. And now it felt as if she was going through this twice. But in her situation, she lost everyone and everything, except for her little sister.

"We are going back." Noctis managed to breathe.

"Are you sure, Noctis? The Empire will be all over there, are you sure?" Prompto suddenly asked, scared for his friends' lives.

 "Yes." He simply said before making his way outside of the hotel. Lumina spared a sympathetic look for her sister who seemed sad with this whole situation. She was also having flashbacks of their past. Ignis and Gladio were already behind Noctis, Lumina also pushed Mae to move.

Prompto was left behind, his mind traveling to Eos knows where. Lumina eyed him and walked towards him, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Is everything okay, Promp?" She asked in a sweet tone, his crystal blue eyes on her. He fought to manage a smile, but the young woman could see through him. "Yes, just... shocked. That's all." She licked her lips and decided to let it slide for now. Without a second thought, she wrapped her slender arms around his small form, holding him tightly.

 "I'm here." She assured him, she knew he needed to know that. He relaxed in her arms, almost letting his tears flow, but he stopped them in time.

"Come on, they're probably waiting for us." She let go of him and held his hand in hers, giving it an assuring squeeze before the two were off to the Regalia.  And in such a situation the way they sat in the car did not help at all.

Prompto had given his seat to Mae, the younger one needed full attention from the group. So, Gladio, Noctis and Prompto were sitting in the back. The thing is; Lumina was also sitting in the back, but half of her had to be on somebody's lap to fit her. And guess who it was. As they fought to sit down, nobody complaining or Noctis would have their head, Prompto suddenly pulled her in his lap. She gasped, but Prompto wrapped his arms around her waist tightly.

"Sorry. Figured you'd need to be more comfortable and... I really need somebody to hug." He apologized. Lumina softly smiled, placing her hands above his and caressed them. "It's fine." She muttered to him. The boy rested his head against her back, biting his lower lip to hold his whimpers.

Lumina knew; those two should have a long conversation when all of this was done. Ignis drove in silence, the only sound was the raindrops against the car, making the atmosphere even worse.  When they had finally reached the gates towards Insomnia, they realized that they were protected by the Empire. Ignis decided to make a turn for a hidden road, suddenly coming to a stop.

"Out now."

Everyone got out of the car, ready to fight for Insomnia. Lumina's hair was already sticking on her skin from the rain, she hated when that happened.

In a matter of a few minutes, the group was through a bunch of waves of soldiers, only to stop before a cliff. Before their eyes laid Insomnia, covered in flames and smoke. Prompto held his phone in his hands, the radio was on and the announcer spoke of the destruction of the Kingdom.

Prompto was quick to turn it off but Noctis told him to turn it on, in a harsh tone. Prompto was startled, dropping the phone in the process. He tried to pick it but but Lumina beat him to it, placing it in his hands as she gave him a reassuring smile. The six gazed at the destruction.

 Noctis had to take his kingdom back but to do it, he had to get stronger.