chapter seven

"I dare you to pull Specs' pants down." Lumina playfully smirked at the poor blonde. "Are you serious?" He asked, fear in his eyes. She nodded as the others giggled behind her, Prompto eyeing Ignis as he was checking out of the hotel.

"Come on, it's do or don't. Win or lose." The girl pushed him to the limits, wishing to finally laugh a little. "Fine." Prompto growled and took a deep breath.

He now knew that it wasn't a very great idea to play 'truth or dare' with a bunch of bullies he called friends. He tip toed behind the tall man, slowly moving his hands towards the sides of his pants.  'Its now or never man!' He shouted in his head before grabbing the black pants and pulling them downwards. Or at least, he tried to.

Turns out, Ignis' belt was strong enough to hold his pants from moving more than about a centimeter, causing Prompto to feel his heart in his throat. Ignis turned around and his eyes shot daggers on Prompto who was now about to die from fear.

The others tried really hard to hide their laughter, Lumina knew that there was no way Ignis wasn't wearing his 'keep away from my peewee' belt, thus sending Prompto to his death. The blond boy was fast to run back and hide behind Gladio, who was apparently laughing his ass off.

"Good one." He said, sharing a high five with the older sister.

"Y'know it!" Prompto's eyes were now on her, glaring at her for for sentencing him with death by the Specs. She shrugged, giggling, not really sorry for what she had done. Even Noctis was laughing, his grumpy side was really starting to disappear ever since the two joined them. Ignis finally returned to the group, pushing his glasses higher on his bridge nose.

"I believe we are ready to depart." He announced with a sigh and made a turn for the Regalia.

🐥🐥🐥

"Oh eem gee, g-guys we have to! We just have to!" Prompto practically begged as he pointed towards the chocobos in the distance. He was jumping all over the place, like a little child.

"Fine." Noctis finally agreed, making the blonde squeal in happiness.

"You just made his day." Gladio commented with a smile as Lumina took his hand into hers to calm him down. It seemed to work since Prompto was like a statue right now, but his smile never faded.

The group went to the man who was responsible for the chocobos and were told that if they really wanted one, they should deal with a behemoth that has been vandalizing the place. Deadeye, that's what they called him. "I can't believe I agreed to this." Noctis muttered as the party slowly and silently followed the Behemoth in the fog.

"Will you be quiet?" Lumina smacked the back of his head, earning a glare which she replied to with sticking her tongue out at him. They continued following him until they finally found his lair. They were walking through a narrow passage, when suddenly Deadeye roared and eyed towards them. Everyone froze in their place, waiting for it to leave. Well, almost everyone.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Lumina whispered at Prompto who was currently taking a picture of the enormous monster.

"Sorry!" He muttered and quickly put his camera back. The monster finally left, everyone taking a deep breath.

"Okay, it'll be easy. We get there, hunt it down and kill it." Gladio explained.

"Okay, let's do it then." Lumina prepared her katana.

🐥🐥🐥

"I though you said we would hunt it down, not it would hunt us down!" Lumina screamed as the six ran from the behemoth who was currently after them. "Wrong guess?" Gladio shouted back, earning a small stone in the head.

"We can't keep running!" Mae said and Noctis suddenly attacked the beast with fire. It stopped hunting them and roared in pain.

"Hey, seems like it doesn't like fire!" Prompto pointed out as Noctis kept striking it will his spells. The others used their weaponry, now attacking the beast with full force.

"You're going down!" Lumina shouted, striking the last hit on its head before it collapsed on the ground, lifeless.

"Let's just go back, quickly." Prompto smiled awkwardly before heading off first.

🐥🐥🐥

And finally the group of six were allowed to have their very own chocobos. Prompto was head over heels for his already, patting her head lovingly as he smiled a toothy smile.

"You seem happy." Lumina suddenly spoke, approaching him. "How couldn't I be? I have my own chocobo!" He exclaimed and her smile widened at that.

"I'm glad you're happy, chocobutt." She patted his chocobo alongside with him. "You know, I would have fought Deadeye even on my own if it meant seeing you this happy." She pointed out, earning Prompto's full attention.

"But... You could have gotten hurt." He frowned at the thought.

"Doesn't matter. Seeing you smile like that is enough reason to get a scratch or two." She explained and saw the blonde turn as red as a tomato. He proceeded placing his hand above hers as she caressed the bird, their eyes connected.

"You wouldn't have to do it alone. We'd do it together." He replied with a sweet tone that made the woman's heart melt. "You think we'd make it?" She asked curiously and he nodded.

"Of course we would. Together, we can do anything." He smiled softly, not able to take his eyes off of her sparkling ones.  Before any more words could be exchanged, Prompto's chocobo was suddenly picking on his head, earning a squeal from the boy.

"Hey, girl, you ruined the moment!" He pouted, hearing Lumina's giggle. "I think she just made it better." She admitted, eyes on the beautiful chocobo.

"Chocobos make everything better." She added with a shrug.

"Yeah..." He muttered. "Chocobos and... you." He said in a tone that could barely be heard, but she was able to catch his words. And need I tell you how fast her heart beat after that?