chapter eleven

Make my wish come true, let darkness slip aside

Lumina glanced out of the window. Her and Prompto fled with Snow and the others using one of Sazh's airships and were on their way home. Home.  Lumina's eyes got teary at the thought.
Just an hour ago she believed that her home was destroyed; vanished forever. Yet, Snow had explained to her that after she disappeared, Hope raised a new Cocoon into the sky. Everything had returned to their normal state, Lightning made sure of that.

Hiding all our hope, mocking what we treasure

But Lightning was still missing. And so was Serah, even though everyone believed she was dead. Lumina didn't. And she knew she was somewhere out there, probably looking for her sister, or maybe they were together at last.  She didn't know what to think of first, her little mind was full of the events that had occurred in the last few hours.  She had found her long lost family; and she was about to see the rest of them. Her home was there, waiting for her.  She finally had a home, after so long.

Battles we can win, our struggle lies within

Then she remembered; Prompto had just left everything behind for her. He threatened to kill his childhood friend to protect her, and he even remained by her side knowing that he would lose everything he knew. She eyed the poor boy, he was also gazing outside the window. His expression was blank, he just breathed. Lumina stood up from her seat and walked towards him, earning his attention.

Hang in for the light, till dawn

She slowly sat on his lap, her eyes never leaving his as the boy wrapped his arms around her form. She cupped his cheeks with her slender fingers, pressing her forehead against his lovingly. Prompto relaxed under her touch; he needed her more than anytime. She softly pecked his freckled nose, and then his left cheek. She peppered kisses along his jawline before finally connecting her lips to his.

Fate will not leave you

She kissed him slowly, letting all of her love pour into this kiss. Prompto kissed back, using a little more force than she did, in need of love and affection from that very woman. A few seconds later she pulled, in need of air, as they connected gazes for once again. "From now on, we'll be one. Wherever you go, I go and wherever I go, you go." She whispered as the boy gazed at her, her words easing his pain.

Hate will not heal you

"Wherever you go, I go." He repeated and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. Lumina proceeded in placing a soft kiss on his closed lids, before she pulled the boy against her chest, so that he could rest.

"When we get there, I will introduce you to everyone. You'll love them and I'm sure they will love you too. Who wouldn't?" She changed the subject, seeing the corners of his lips forming a small smile. "And if someone doesn't then he'll have to deal with my fists." She teasingly added, now his smile widening "You'll love the New Bodhum, I'll show you every part of my home." She held him a little tighter. "Our home." Prompto felt mixed feelings about that.

Pray and one day;

He already missed his old home, Insomnia, he missed his beloved friends. He had gone through so much with those three but it seemed like it was time for that chapter to be closed.  And for a new one to be opened; her. A new home, a new life. And maybe this way Prompto would finally feel that he meant something, that his existence wasn't meaningless. She made him feel that way; she made him feel special. And he chose to feel that again, forever if possible.

Peace shall flow everywhere

"We're almost there." Snow announced, gaining the duo's attention. Lumina breathed in and out, feeling excited and nervous about going back. She stood up from Prompto's lap, pulling him with her as she walked towards Snow, looking out of the windscreen. Her grip on the blonde's hand tightened when she realized that she was back. Cocoon.

Her whole face lit up as she smiled widely, her eyes getting teary. "I can't wait to see Gadot's face when he sees you, or Maqui." Snow smiled to himself. Team NORA really missed the girl, she was family after all.

"Gadot's gonna cry, I bet you!" Lumina exclaimed as her heart beats fastened. Snow was preparing to land, familiar faces were already gathering around when they realized Snow had returned. Lumina could see Sazh and Dajh, their faces almost expressionless. They probably thought Snow wasn't successful, oh the shock they would get. Team NORA had also gathered around; Lebreau, Maqui, Yuj and Gadot.

Lumina just couldn't wait for the airship yo land so that she could run out and shock everyone. Nobody expected Lumina to be back, but she was sure that NORA had hope, they believed in their leader so much. They knew Snow would go through anything to bring her back home, back to her family. And he had succeeded.

The airship had finally landed; Lumina could feel her heart about to burst from her chest as she rushed towards the door, Prompto always behind her. He swore he had never seen her so happy, never smiling so brightly. And he already felt better, her happiness meant his own happiness.

The door of the ship slowly opened, the bright day light blinding the two as they covered their eyes with their hands, until it had opened completely. And she took the first step out of the ship and in her home, taking in a deep breath as she walked out...