Chapter 16: Be Happy

SONGS I LISTENED TO WITH THIS CHAPTER:

FREE BY EMELI SANDE AND RUDIMENTAL

TEAM BY LORDE

STAY WITH ME BY JAMIE CAMPBELL BOWER

IF I HAD YOU BY ADAM LAMBERT

-----------------

NIALL'S POV

----------------

I woke up before she did, and I just laid there, watching her. Watching her breathing in, watching her breathing out, watching her scrunch up her nose like a rabbit when she dreamed. Our bare bodies were covered by only a thin sheet and I could feel the heat radiating off her skin onto mine as I held her. I still can't believe how perfect last night was. We didn't fuck or sleep together, we made love. As corny as that sounds, I don't care.

Imogen was brilliant, not just in bed, but she was just spectacular. She had blue eyes, the colour blue that you'd only see in your wildest dream. When you looked at her face, all you could see was such a bright, wild colour of light yet dark blue.

And she had the most softest complexion ever. Her skin was colour of a brand new china dolly. Pale skin, with a wash of a soft pink on her cheeks, and light freckles sprinkled across her cheeks and the bridge of her nose.

And she had this smile, that if you got a little glimpse of it, you'd think about it for the rest of your day.

And her laugh was like music. It cheered people up, and made them happy. She didn't have any kind of 'look'. Like the 'girl next door' look or the 'perfect popular one who got all the boys' look or the 'oh damn I'm mysterious and sexy' look.

You didn't need to look at her to know she was pure, and beautiful. She was simply beautiful in her own ways.

She brought happiness into the world, even if she didn't know it. It's like, as soon as she'd get home, you'd hear the door click shut slowly and softly because that was the only way she would shut them, and the atmosphere would immediately perk up. She'd walk into the room, not strutting or shuffling or skipping or anything fancy, she'd just casually walk in and you'd be blown away. You'd be blown away because it was windy outside and her hair was a mess with leaves tangled into it, and she'd have a pout on her face, and she'd just stand there in front of you with that pink bottom lip poking out and the biggest puppy dog eyes you'd ever seen. You knew it wasn't very nice, but you loved seeing her looking so innocent and flushed like that. She'd stand there until you jumped up, gave her a kiss on the cheek and ran a bath because she'd had a long day and needed to relax.

Afterwards, she'd return back to the lounge room, where you were in the first place, and fall into a messy heap beside you. You'd pull her into your arms because she was always too shy to make the first move, well she isn't anymore, but she used to be. Then, when the fire is crackling and you're both tangled up together on the couch, her breathing would slow and her body would unwind. She fit into you so perfectly that you'd pretty much feel each of her muscles give out and let her relax. She'd fall asleep after that, because she was exhausted.

Then you'd watch her for a little while. And for about the billionth time that day, you'd study each of her aspects again and memorise them. The curve of her nose, the way her eyebrows furrowed when she dreamed, those moments when she'd randomly let out a sigh or a mumble of words strung together so close you couldn't understand.

You'd leave a lingering kiss on her forehead and lay her onto the couch, watching her for a few more minutes because it was almost impossible for you to drag your eyes away. But then, you'd push the other couch next to her so it was like a double bed. You'd bring the blanket from your bed and both your pillows, making sure not to forget the little teddy bear she slept with every night since she was a kid, and you'd set up a little camp for the both of you. You'd tuck the teddy bear under her arm and place your arm on her pillow, just above her head, and you'd prop your head on your upper arm to watch her until you'd fall asleep beside her. You'd do all this because you couldn't bear waking her up.