Chapter 17: Always.

SONGS I LISTENED TO WHILE WRITING THIS CHAPTER;

GORILLA BY BRUNO MARS

MONEY MAKES HER SMILE BY BRUNO MARS

UNDRESSED BY KIM CESARION

LET IT GO BY DEMI LOVATO AND THE FROZEN VERSION

----------------------

IMOGEN'S POV

----------------------

Be happy with him? Does he mean I should be happy with Caleb? I don't even want to be with Caleb! I felt a supportive hand on my shoulder as I sobbed on the floor, I totally forgot Caleb was still here. I sniffled and wiped away a few of my tears when I looked up at him. His expression was solemn and he looked like he wanted to pull me into his arms and hug me.

"Caleb, I think y-you should g-go." I hiccuped and let the tears fall.

The look on his face told me he obviously didn't want to go and I knew a part of him thought I would begin to date him and forget about Niall. But how could I forget about Niall? He was the one true love of my life. I loved Caleb, but I was in love with Niall and Niall needed to know that.

"Please." I whispered weakly to Caleb. He nodded and left as fast as he could. I stayed in a defeated position on the floor for a few more moments until I reached up and snatched my phone off the bench. After returning to the floor, I dialled Niall's number as fast as I could. I already knew he wouldn't answer, but I may as well try. It went straight to voice mail. I dialled Mia's number and she answered on the second ring.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked happily. I heard a couple voices in the back ground.

"C-can you come over?" I hiccuped again, the tears seemed like they would never end.

"I'm a little busy now, my brother and his girlfriend are over for lunch."

"Please Mia, I r-really n-need you." I pleaded, placing a hand on my forehead and trying to cool it down.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Concern was starting to overtake her voice.

"No."

"I'll be over in 5." She said and hung up.

I dropped my phone back on the floor and picked up the note in my hand again, rubbing my puffy eyes. I re-read the note again, and again, and again. Every time I realised what just happened, I burst into tears. I tried to call Niall again and it rang twice, I actually thought he was going to answer, but he ignored the call and hung up. I knew he had his phone, so he was declining my calls. I decided to text him as fast as my shaking fingers would allow. I told him to talk to me, please. I told him to hear me out, please. I told him to tell me how much of the conversation he heard, please. I guessed he had heard me tell Caleb I loved him and not stayed long enough to hear me tell Caleb he had missed his chance and I loved Niall more than I could ever love anybody.

The door suddenly opened and shut, the sound of rushing footsteps joined my sobs. Mia took one look at the state I was in, dropped her bag on the bench, and dropped to the floor next to me. She propped herself up on her knees and frantically asked me what was wrong. I couldn't talk properly so I just gave her the note. Her eyes widened as she read it and her hand cupped over her mouth. She pulled me into her comforting embrace and held me while I cried. I was worried that I'd never stop.

---------------

MIA'S POV

---------------

The sobs that violently shook her body tore my heart apart. They were filled with so much pain and loss. Niall broke up with her. Niall broke up with her? I just couldn't process it. He was head over heels for her the moment he laid eyes on her, and now he just left. It doesn't make any sense.