Chapter 13. Happy New Year

HEY GUYS IM SO SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG IVE JUST BEEN ALL OVER THE PLACE BUT ITS ALRIGHT NOW.

I've decided to start doing shorter chapters so I can spread things out easier and update more often, so you guys will notice some changes.

Thank you so much for sticking with the story and my awful schedule!

Also, MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAVE AN AMAZING CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS XOXOXOX

Much love!

-------------------

The only sounds that filled my ears were the loud obnoxious roar of my vacuum cleaner and my speakers blasting music as loud as it could go, so I could hear over the vacuum. I re-adjusted the cloth that was keeping my hair away from my face while I cleaned my apartment. It had been a while since I had that nightmare, but it still feels like yesterday. I shook my head, ridding myself of the scenarios playing in my head, and continued to drag the vacuum cleaner around my bedroom. I yanked my pale blue jeans back over my hips, they were inching down while I danced to All Time Low. Backseat Serenade blasted through the speakers and I began to sing quietly to myself.

"Whiskey Princess drink me under, pull me in. You had me at come over boy, I need a friend, I understand."

I turned the dial on the speakers up even louder and began jumping around, singing at the top of my lungs and dancing the way you do when nobody's around.

"Backseat Serenade, dizzy hurricane, oh God I'm sick of sleepin' alone. You're salty like a summer day, kiss the sweat away, to your radio."

I was getting thirsty and decided to take a break from cleaning when I saw the mail Niall must've brought in before he left this morning. I think he was spending the day with Harry and Liam. After pouring myself a glass of juice, I began sorting through the mail. Bill, bill, catalogue for food, bill, junk mail, bill. Same old stuff. As I removed the last bill from the pile, I was left with a magazine. It's headline read 'Niall Horan And Mystery Blonde, Where's Imogen?' A long and frustrated sigh escaped my lips. I didn't want to open the magazine and read the article but my curiosity got the best of me. There were several pictures. Niall and the girl walking into a club, a separate picture of Niall and one of the blonde, a picture of Niall and I walking together, holding hands, and one of Niall hugging the blonde. My body started tingling and I felt sick. It's just rubbish, just lies, just rubbish, I repeated over and over in my head. Music still thundered around my apartment so I walked into the lounge room to turn the speakers off. I fell back into the couch and skimmed through the article, only to find gossip.

'Niall Horan out partying with bandmates and mystery girls', 'Niall spotted walking an attractive blonde out to her car', 'his arm around her waist with her leaning into him', 'seemed to be enjoying themselves', 'Imogen Fuller, Niall's girlfriend of 5 months, nowhere to be seen.'

I threw the magazine down onto the coffee table. That phrase "curiosity killed the cat" always scared me. That feeling of unease wouldn't go away so I picked up my phone and dialled Niall's number. It rang four times before he answered.

"Hello?" His voice was muffled by the noises in the background.

"Hey it's me, what are you doing? It's so noisy, I can barely hear you." I asked, picking at the hole in my jeans.

"Oh yeah, we're just having some lunch. Harry is playing pool with some guy and they're real loud, everyone has bets on who will win."

"Did you bet?"

"Yeah, $30 on Harry." A roar of cheers and disappointed groans blasted through my phone. "Looks like I won myself $30." I could hear the smile in Niall's voice.