19 - Chapter Nineteen - 19

After my appointment with Dr. Stanza the two burly men took me back towards the infirmary.  My room still wasn't ready and the doctor had said that it would be a couple more days before it was.  Dr. Stanza told me that Dr. Hermond was watching everything that they did and making sure that nothing got unturned before I could go back into the room again.

He must have really believed that it was something in the room to cause me this because of the way that he was acting.  When he watched me in the infirmary, he said that I seemed normal.  When he had seen me in my room I had looked very sick so sick that I looked on the verge of death.  The other doctors didn't say anything to him; I didn't even think that the head doctors could do anything.  The man was determined to get my room up and running normally again.

'The flower petals scatter.'

During the first part of the day, I began to read another one of my books, but found that I wasn't really too focused on reading.  The voices were disappointed that I didn't want to read, but they didn't pursue the matter.  My mind was still on my brother and what I should think of him.  I wanted to believe that he was my brother, the same brother that looked out for me, but I had to face the facts.  I had to look at the truth in the matter.

There had been a part of me after all that had hoped he was the same.  I knew that he wouldn't be, but that didn't stop me for thinking it.  Maybe that was what he was hoping to see in me, the sweet innocent girl that he once knew.

How wrong we both were then.

'The wind blows them away.'

I wish that I could just get my brother out of my head.  Yet no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't.  He was my brother, who had finally visited me after all these years.  I wasn't sure if I still believed him fully, but he had come for me when our parents hadn't even thought about me in the last twelve years.  They probably forgot that I even existed to them.

Turning my head towards the window, I saw that it was cloudy outside again today.  The clouds were thick and low too.  There was no way that the sun was going to come out today.  The trees swayed in the harsh wind that was making them bend.  Even the air in here seemed to be cooler.  Being in an open space like this with so many windows, the atmosphere was bound to change.  It was going to rain soon, I could just tell by what it looked outside and the atmosphere.

'Away they go never to be seen again.'

I closed my eyes and rubbed my eyes.  Even though most of the time I slept in here, I was still tired.  I'm fairly certain that I was still exhausted from the bloodletting and today had just been a bit overwhelming.  I didn't like sleeping this much though, there was no telling who would walk through the doors and come over towards me when I did sleep.

Dr. Hermond worked here, I was okay with him to come and check on me.  Any other doctor, however, was different.  Any other doctor knew about what went on here and supported it.  I didn't want those doctors near me and checking on me.  They were more than likely checking to make sure that I was getting in better condition so that they could start the treatments soon again.  I knew that the head doctors were watching my progress carefully; they sent multiple doctors to Dr. Hermond to see what was happening all the time.

'They had once danced in the wind.'

Sighing, I rolled over onto my side and looked at the curtain.  Dr. Hermond made sure that it was around me most of the time so that I wouldn't be disturbed.  He didn't know that I was very good at listening and I could hear when someone came and went even if they were trying to be just a mouse.  I was also a light sleeper so if someone did come in when I slept, I tended to wake up just at the smallest noise, as long as I wasn't passed out like I had been when Dr. Hermond had first brought me.