Chapter 19: One Year After...

The sun, the sand, and me...

Alyssa breathed in the salty air, and smiled. It always feels good to be back at sea! She strolled along the coastline, trying to remember when was the last time she had time to unwind and relax...

"Besh!!!"

She turned around to see Denden running towards her. She laughed and shouted back, "Pag ikaw natapilok diyan at nagkagalos, sige ka!"

Denden slowed down her pace, but still kept running to meet her. They both giggled, shrieked, and jiggled, just like little kids.

When they were able to catch their breaths, they both smiled warmly and hugged each other tight.

"Ikakasal ka na, Besh...," Alyssa whimsically uttered, which made Denden move away from her so she could see her face.

"Malamang dun ang papupuntahan namin, Besh. We've been together like for almost a century," Denden sarcastiscally responded, rolling her eyes. Alyssa chuckled and shoved her gently.

They went back to the cottage, where there was a reggae band playing, and a welcoming party. Den and LA are going to get married in 2 days, and they will be having the Despedida de Soltera for Den and a Stag Party for LA tonight, while the wedding rehearsal will be done tomorrow.

Ella started walking towards them with some spiked juice on a coconut, "Besh, masasanay ako sa buhay donya nito... Nasaan na ba ang mga alalay ng makapagpakarga ako papuntang dagat? Maliligo ako!" she declared, putting on her shades.

Just then, they saw Jovee, seemingly lost and looking for them. Alyssa and Den waved at him, and he waved back, moving towards them. "Besh," Alyssa ribbed Ella, "ayan na ang macho mong alalay."

Ella just gave Jovee the once over, and turned her head away, "Ayaw ko sa maitim. Hanap kayo ng mestizo. Pwede rin chinito."

"Upakan kaya kita. Choosy mo," Jovee replied, taking the coconut shell away from Ella and sipped from it. The three ladies squirmed and grimaced, and Ella had to give it up, inspite of wanting more, "Okay na, Jovs... sa 'yo na 'yan."

"Thanks!" he smiled widely, then scanned the area. Ella also started panning the area for a waiter to bring them drinks. "Sino pa ba ang kakilala namin dito na invited?"

"There's Amy, na as usual, hahabol na lang sa Despedida de Soltera... then sina Bea Tan, Mae, Ayel... And some friends from high school."

"Like?" Ella held Alyssa's hand, and waited in anticipation.

"Uh, sina Alfred...," she mentioned nonchalantly.

"Bingo...," Ella whispered to Alyssa. Alyssa tried to keep the smile from breaking on her face.

"Kasama ba ni Alfred girlfriend niya?" Ella probed.

Den gave it a thought and said, "I think I did invite her, pero I think may internship siya or something."

Alyssa and Ella exchanged knowing glances, while Jovee just shook his head, without Denden noticing them. Then Den snapped her fingers, "Then there's Kiefer!"

Alyssa just stared at her, the smile wiped away from her face.

"He mentioned na neighbors pala kayo sa condominium where he is staying," she said pensively, trying to recall what they have talked about previously.

"Dati... pero pinaupahan na niya ata," Alyssa mustered, as Denden was expecting her to say something.

"Oh, yes. He did mention that. Pero he was also saying na babalik siya or something this month? I think 1 year lang niya pinaupahan ang place niya," Denden offered.