Chapter 50 : Layers Revealed

Alyssa was surprised to see Jovee with his baggage, "Saan ka galing, Jovs?" She opened the door wide for him to enter.

"Ly, makikitulog muna ako dito-"

"Teka, wait lang," she raised her hands, but Jovee instead dropped his bags and placed his hands on his hips, "Aba, aba, aba... Tinatanggihan mo ba ako, Alyssa?"

Alyssa looked around, checking if Kiefer left evidences of their lovemaking. Jovee picked up his bag and dumped them on a corner near the dining area. He dramatically took a seat on the dining chair, and sighed, "kahit for tonight lang, or for 2 days, until makahanap ako ng malilipatan ko..."

"Ano ba kase nangyari?" Alyssa tightened her robe around her. Jovee dumped his face on his palm and said, "Ang tanga ko kase... pinaayos ko ang unit ko, di ako prepared! Last minute na tumanggi yung tita ko na titirhan ko sana, kaya eto, ngarag sa paghahanap ng matutuluyan temporarily."

"Ba't di ka muna umuwi sa inyo?" she suggested. He rolled his eyes, "Tapos? Magpapakamatay ako sa 2 oras na traffic?"

Alyssa bit her lower lip, "E kina Ella? Mas malapit ang tirahan ni Ella sa office ninyo."

His face dropped, then he masked it with a devious grin, "Siguro may sikretong malupit ka at ayaw mo akong magstay dito ano?"

"Ulol! Wa-wala kaya...," she stammered, and gave him her back. "Kumain ka na ba? Wala kang pasok?" she asked, going over the kitchen, and found that Kiefer has prepared breakfast AND lunch.

"Kumain na ako, Bes, habang nagse-sentihan ako sa labas. Nagpapalimos sa tadhana na may magbibigay silong sa akin kahit ngayong gabi lang," he theatrically declared. Alyssa laughed, and brought breakfast to the table after reheating them. They both dove into it despite his claims of having eaten already, while exchanging pleasantries.

"So ano na, Ly? Pwede na ako magstay dito?" Jovee asked, batting his eyelashes. Alyssa laughed, but felt like she is put in an awkward position. Kiefer would not be happy about this.

Jovee sensed her hesitation. "Selos pa rin ba siya sa akin?" he asked. Alyssa just nodded. He sighed, "Kung makaselos 'yang jowa mo, kala niya naman kagandahan kang lubos."

Alyssa shoved him, "Ang hard mo! To think dati, ako pa talaga gusto mong ligawan!"

"Excuse me. Desperate lang ako," he teased, and that made Alyssa to stand up and pretend to reach for his throat. "Aray ko, Bes, dahan-dahan naman! Masisira ang freshness ko! Pupuntahan ko pa naman ang prospect kong tirahan..."

"Saan ba? Sabay na tayong lumabas," she said, clearing the dishes. She hurriedly took a shower and got dressed for work. "So dito na ako ha? Kahit sa couch na ako. Kahiya naman kung ikaw yung sa couch, di ba?" Jovee said, and freshened up as well.

The day went by quickly, and before she knew it, it's time for volleyball practice. Jovee will be seeing her at her unit, but he said he'll be coming home late.

And Alyssa hasn't had the mind to inform Kiefer. Maybe she'll just stay in his unit tonight. She blushed. Maybe she's just too excited to sleep with him.

And what will she do with Jovee?

Before she could think of a solution, her phone rang. It was Ella. "Bes, baba ka na. At pakibilisan," came her voice from the phone.

She almost flew down the elevator, as Ella could be impatient, and no one wants to mess with an annoyed Ella.

Ella seems to be in good spirits. "Besh," she greeted Alyssa, with a twinkle in her eye. Alyssa had to do a second look at her, "Ano nakain mo at di ka naghuhuramentado ngayon?"