Chapter 10: Her Name Is Melissa

Dani is the princess in the family, and could be considered as the favorite. And right now, she is royally pissed.

She's supposed to meet Thirdy, as he has promised to bring some pasalubong for her after his training in Guam. And right now, he just cancelled to say they have practice and he's not feeling good.

Not feeling good, my ass, she sulked. She went into retail therapy, and her mood seems to be getting worse by the minute. All the items that she is interested in do not have her size or is on display and is the last one.

She stormed out of the boutique she is in and was mindlessly going around the mall when a figure caught her eye. That fair skin, luscious waves of black hair and doll-like eyes...

Holy shit...Ate Melissa?

+ + + + +

"Jovee, utang na loob talaga...," Alyssa was whining as Jovee was pushing her forward to counter. She and Ella just came from practice and are extremely famished, and Jovee's good idea was to bring them to the nearest fastfood chain for a take out.

"Ly, pagbigyan mo na ako... nagke-crave talaga ako ng burger nila...," Jovee was shoving her forward.

"Hindi ako mabubusog niyan! Ni tinga, hindi ako matitinga niyan!" She exclaimed, trying to push him back.

"Kung gutom ka, wag mag-inarte! Damihan mo lang ng order, pwede na yan. Sige na, please...," he was now physically pushing her forward with his whole weight.

This time, she faced him and confronted him, "Teka, teka... kung ikaw ang nagki-crave, bakit ako ang tinutulak mo para pumila?"

"Walang pila, Bes. At malamang, magpapalilbre ako kaya ikaw ang pinapapila ko," he explained without any remorse.

She was about to utter expletives when she saw Ella come in, as if in a hurry, looking for them. When she saw them, she immediately went over and softly yelled, "Besh! Nakasalubong ko si Amy! Andun siya sa may shabu-shabu!"

They exchanged glances and cried in unison, "Gatecrash!!!"

And they did. They were a crazy noisy bunch, after not seeing Amy. It has been a long time since they last saw her. She has always been out whenever they would have a get-together, or she would have a date with her boyfriend.

Just then, Alyssa noticed someone a few tables away from them.

It was a weekday, and somehow late already, with only a few shoppers left at the mall, so it was not hard for her to take notice of Kiefer. However, he seemed to be preoccupied with his phone, and was consistently looking outside, as if waiting for someone.

She was observing him, curious what made him tense. He seems to be agitated over something, checking on his watch, then his phone, and looking outside of the resto.

Then in a few minutes, he stood up, and smoothed the wrinkles off of his polo, and this made her curious to look at where he was looking.

She had to consciously and put an effort to keep her mouth from gaping... who she saw was an illusion! Perfect hair with strands that never seem to go out of place, eyebrows on fleek, beautiful soulful eyes, a creamy complexion, and a body to die for!

Now she understands why Kiefer acted that way.

She had to pull herself back to the conversation at hand. Kiefer has a life to live, and it's none of her business.

+ + + + +

"Ly, 'wag... 'wag, Ly... please... 'wag," Jovee was softly murmuring. Alyssa leaned over him, hands searching... Jovee closed his eyes...