Chapter 32: Red Flag

She was curled in bed, brows furrowed as if she is having a bad dream. He walked over and sat on the floor, at the edge of the bed, facing her.

It has been a week since their slight altercation, and he could not bear not seeing her for another day. Sure, he would still drop by and make her coffee, and he would even spend some time just watching her sleep. But he wants more... more of her.

He wants to see her eyes dance merrily with the lights of the city, and see her beaming with mirth. He wants to hold her close like when they danced, and play with her long soft hair.

And he missed her soft lips on his, and how only she can make him burn with just a look...

But more than that, he needs someone who gave him a second chance, and was willing to take that chance.

Someone like her.

He slowly stroked her hair, softly, gently, not wanting to disturb her sleep. He traced the outline of her ear, when all he wanted was to lay down beside her.

He continues to dream about her. Of her leaving him. His friends kid him that maybe all he needs is a good fuck, or maybe it will just take one casual sex with her and he'll come back to his senses.

He doesn't know. All he knows is that he wanted her. Body, heart, soul.
+ + + + +

"Manong, are you aware that Ate Ly's unit is up for sale?" Dani asked him. Mozzy stopped what she was reading on her tablet and looked at him.

It was a family dinner in the metro, and Kiefer rushed over after his practice to bond with his family.

"Why would he care, Dans?" Thirdy asked, taking a bite of his burger. Kiefer didn't respond. He's too shocked.

Clenching his jaw, he tried to act natural, "I wasn't aware that she's selling her place. She hasn't mentioned it."

But Dani could feel the tension in her brother's voice. She knows something's wrong. "Manong, how's Ate Aly?"

"She's good, Dans, so stop baiting me," he replied. He took a big gulp of his drink when Dani asked, "Why is she leaving? Did you have sex that turned sour or something?"

Bong cleared his throat loudly, signal for them to drop the conversation. Kiefer leaned forward and whispered loudly, "Dans, can you keep a secret?"

Dani leaned forward to accept the challenge. "I'll buy her unit and have sex with whoever gets my fancy," he smirked.

"That's it," Bong slapped the table a bit forcefully just enough to catch their attention. But Dani is unfazed, "Really? Why not have sex with the woman you are about to marry at Ate Ly's condo?"

Kiefer met Dani's glare, and he won't back down. "Deal."

"Only the woman you will marry," Dani reiterated with a smirk.
+ + + + +

Alyssa was busy cleaning up her room when she heard someone barge in. "I'm buying this place. I need to expand my unit."

Alyssa stood up from the floor, dusted her oversized shirt and said, "Okay. I'll bring you the papers."

"I'll make this my whorehouse," he declared, throwing the gauntlet. She dropped her gaze and just shrugged, "Whatever suits you."

"And I'll have sex on the same couch-" he said, pointing at the couch, "where you and that fag-"

"Yes," she said, giving her back to him. "I'll draw the papers and have it ready next week."

Kiefer is incensed, "Give me a good reason why you are leaving! "