Epilogue

They were married in two weeks, in a small church. In Tagaytay.

Alyssa didn't want a grand wedding. She just wanted it with close family and friends.

Kiefer just wanted to be married to her.

She wore a white sleeveless sabrina-cut wedding gown with a mermaid tail, with french lace overlay, that hung to every toned curves of her body. The simplicity ends in the front, as her back is bare, tantalizingly exposed by the lace overlay right down below the waist line. Her bronze skin was a striking contrast to the beautiful white gown.

And her smile was the show stealer.

She has light daytime makeup, making her look dewy and fresh like an exotic rose. Her hair is gathered in a bun on one side, with a sprinkle of baby's breath and a large white cattleya.

She is beautiful.

And Kiefer realized tears are flowing freely on his cheeks, as the woman of his dreams, and desires, march towards him, sealing their fate.

She walked alone, independent, like how she wanted to present herself.

She chose him out of her own will, loving him out of her free will.

She met her parents at the altar, and kissed them. Her father took her hands, and together with her mother, presented her to Kiefer, and his parents.

"Kiefer, anak, ikaw na ngayon ang mag-aalaga sa kanya," Itay Ruel almost choked on his tears as he held them back, "Ingatan mo siya, mahalin mo siya, higit pa sa pagmamahal namin sa kanya."

"Hihigitan ko po 'yun, Itay. Buong buhay ko," Kiefer vowed, and Ruel enclosed him in a tight hug. 

Kiefer turned to her mother, who was speechless, trying to hold back tears, "Inay, hindi ko po inaalis si Ineng sa buhay ninyo. Madadagdagan lang po ang mag-aalaga at magmamahal sa kanya."

Inay Lita gave him a hug, tears now freely flowing. "Anak...," was all she could utter.

Kiefer turned to Alyssa, gave her a beaming smile, and presented her to his parents. His father hugged her like his own daughter, and kissed her on her crown, "Thank you for making Kiefer happy. Welcome to the family, anak."

Mozzy reached for Alyssa, and gave her a big hug, too, "I've prayed long and hard for each of my children, that God may give them partners that would complement them." She pulled away pretending to be busy with Alyssa's hair, but was actually trying to keep her tears at bay, "I could never be any happier in God answering my prayers."

"I'll try to live up to your expectations, Ma," she smiled, to which Mozzy replied, "You don't have to. God has brought you to our lives. We trust Him, and you."

Tears shining in her eyes, Alyssa reached to give her second mother a kiss, "Thank you, Ma."

Kiefer looked at his beautiful bride, and with so much pride and love in his eyes. He reached for her hand and draped them on the crook of his arm, "Mrs. Alyssa Ravena, the priest awaits."

They moved forward to the altar, and Alyssa giggled despite the tears, "Excited ka masyado. 'Pag tapos na ang misa yun."

Kiefer looked at his bride with warmth and gentleness, "But you have been that to me since the day I made love to you."

***************

The beautiful moon, and my wife.

Alyssa has her back to him, holding on to a cup of hot coffee. A night cap, while enjoying the tranquility of the night, and the cool evening breeze.