CHAPTER 49 : BEAUTIFUL

[WARNING: Graphic sexual content ... Not for minors below 18 years old. Please... 🙏 #SelfLove]
+     +      +     +     +      +      +      +

"Ate Ly, I'm sorry... I don't know what got into me... I really wanted to say, 'You're engaged'... I don't know why I said, 'You're pregnant' instead," Bea explained for the nth time, hugging her Ate Alyssa, and not letting her go until she is forgiven.

Alyssa laughed, patting her on the head, "Kaloka ka, Bei! Pati ako napaisip kung paano mo nasasabi na buntis na ang tao sa isang tingin pa lang!"

"Ewan ko ba, Ate! Of all the things to say, yun pa talaga e," she hugged Alyssa even tighter, remembering the embarrassment.

When Bea blurted out the words, Mozzy nearly passed out, while Bong grabbed his wife. Either to support her, or he needs one, they wouldn't know.  Only when Bea chuckled and retracted her statement did they absorb the faux pas from Bea.

Mozzy was beyond herself, and cried happy tears. Dani and Bea joined in the crying spree, of which triggered Alyssa to cry some more.

But then again, Alyssa and Kiefer both have practices, and they have to cut the celebration short.

Mozzy approached Alyssa to give her a hug before they leave Cainta, "Biglaan naman kase ang pagpakasal ninyo... Sigurado ka bang walang laman pa yan?" Mozzy touched her abdomen, and Alyssa smiled despite the shock on her face. "Tita naman...," she said as a matter of explanation. Kiefer smiled at his mom and said, "Wag kang mag-alala, Ma. Pag ready ka ng maging lola, yun. Lagyan ko na ng laman."

"E kase bakit agad-agad ang kasal? Parang nung isang araw lang na nagbalita kayo na kayo na nga. Tapos ngayon, kasal na pinag-uusapan ninyo," his mother explained.

Kiefer looked at his fiancée with much love in his eyes, "Nahanap ko na ang para sa akin. Bakit ko pa siya papakawalan?"

Alyssa blushed, overwhelmed by what is happening around her. She felt so... so happy, and at home... comfortable in the midst of his loved ones.

Kiefer took her hand, and said to everyone, "Uwi na po kami. Baka ma-late na po kami sa practice namin later."

"Kelan ang pamamanhikan, anak?" Bong asked. Kiefer looked at Alyssa, "Kelan kaya good mood si Itay Ruel?"

Alyssa nudged him, "Maka-Itay 'to..." Kiefer just rubbed his ribs, "Seryoso kase..."

Alyssa bit her lips. And mentally crossed her fingers. "Ano... Uh... Kung kelan ninyo po balak pumunta," she said.

"Napag-usapan na ba ninyo kung kelan ang kasal?" Mozzy asked, to which both giggled and shook their heads. "Hay... Mga bata kayo," Mozzy sighed. "Ganito, once napagkasunduan ninyo, sabihan ninyo kami ng makapaghanda na para sa pamamanhikan."

Kiefer wrapped his arm around Alyssa's shoulder and hugged her closer, "Yes, Ma."

They bade their goodbyes, and was cruising on their way back to the big city. Kiefer was humming to a song on his player, while Alyssa was drowsing on and off, when Kiefer held on to her knee and squeezed it. "Babe," he said, "Ang antukin mo naman. Sure ka na hindi ka pa buntis?"

Alyssa sat up straight on her seat, "Ano naman ngayon ang gusto mo pag-usapan, Babe?"

"Napaisip lang ako. What if I get you pregnant?" he asked, his hand back on the wheel. "I mean, you pregnant will mean leaving the squad," he added.

Alyssa was silent. She knows this is bound to happen, but she just doesn't want to deal with it even when they started having sex. But now, things are a bit different. If they're getting married, then it's expected that Kiefer would want to start a family.

"Babe?"

She jolted from her seat, "Huh? Ano yun?"

Kiefer took a quick glance at her and said, "Are we crazy to get married even if we haven't celebrated our 1st year?"

She smiled, "Crazy enough, I guess."

Kiefer took another side glance and smiled, "Yeah... crazy, but it's the best decision I've made."

Alyssa looked outside his window, bit her lip, feeling the butterflies in her stomach, and squeezed his hand.

Oh yes, she loves him. Yet there's a part of her that believes this is all an illusion. That he chose her because he couldn't have Melissa.

Second best.

She forgot she was squeezing his hand, he laughed, "Babe, di kita iiwan. Pwede mo ng bitawan kamay ko bago pa ito matanggal."

She looked at him and smiled sheepishly, "Sorry na, di ko napansin."

"What are you thinking of?"

You. Us. Myself.

Alyssa looked at him, "I was thinking... na sana we won't regret getting married this... sudden." That you won't regret having me over Melissa.

"You know what I'm thinking?" he asked, his eyes straight ahead, "I want to make love to you until I erase all your fears and worries. That you'll feel how deep I am into you."

"I... I'm no one special, Kief. Hindi ako maganda, hindi ako ganun ka-smart, nor hindi rin ako ganun ka bait para sabihin na you fell in love with me to make you want me."

Kiefer glanced at her, and for a minute no one spoke. He broke the silence, "Then I'll gladly show you."

+     +      +     +     +      +      +      +