Chapter 34 : Tonight

[Word of caution : graphic use of words... NSFW]

"Kief, you alright, bro?" Von sat beside him on the bleacher.  Practice of the National Team for the SEA Games is now occupying his time, yet…

"I'm good, bro… how's Lau?" he asked in return, trying to take the spotlight away from him. 

Von beamed, "Matakaw, as always.  I always tell her to take it easy, or else all those unnecessary calories will catch up on her one day…"

Kiefer was half-listening, as he is pre-occupied with his thoughts of her.

Yes, her.

Earlier, he bumped into her while she was putting out the garbage.  They didn't exchange any word.  Just sighs.  Of what could have been

But then, there's the pain of seeing her with someone else.  Kissing someone else.

Just like how it was with Melissa. But way more... painful.

"Bro, if it's any indication that something is bothering you, clenching your fist until it's bloodless is a clear sign that you're in deep shit," Von interrupted his thoughts.  Kiefer stopped what he is doing, and he could now feel the blood coming back in his veins. "Fuck," he murmured.

"Seriously, bro, if we aren't being required to be physically conditioned in order to play, I would have dragged you to the nearest convenience store and buy all the beer we can find, and drink the night away in your car!" Von shook his head.

"Ayos ka rin, Pessumal, ano? My car, para walang bahid at di mahuli ni Lau?" Kiefer grinned.  He knows how much Laura despises the smell of alcohol and spirits. Von laughed.

They both stood up and was about to head for the shower when Kiefer saw someone come in from the entrance of the gym.

He clenched his fist again. Von held him by the arm and looked around, "What the hell, bro?"

It was Jovee. Carrying gym bags. And not for long, Ella emerged.

Then Alyssa.

Jovee waited for them and whined, "Bes, dalawa tong bitbit ko. Wag kayong ano..."

Ella hurriedly walked in and fell into step with him, followed by Alyssa. She was dreading to come and see even Kiefer's shadow. She isn't ready...

Why would it bother me? She tried to reason with herself. Shouldn't she be used to seeing him with different women, and hear them having sex over her bedroom?

She drew in a deep breath. Nothing has changed. He's just being himself.

Then why do I feel hurt? Betrayed?

She looked at Ella and laughed in her head. I now sound like Ella. She shook her head.

Then Kiefer shoved Jovee to the floor.

She was shocked. This is not how she imagined her encounter with Kiefer would be. Definitely not like this...

She helped pull Jovee up and when he was standing by himself, she turned to confront Kiefer, "Not here, Kief. Utang na loob."

Kiefer felt that pang of hurt when she took that idiot's side. "Pasalamat siya at di ako napatol sa bakla," he whispered to her, and walked past her.

She really wanted to cry.  Her emotions are going overtime, and she doesn't know what to think, how to act…

"Besh, halika na… maghilamos ka muna ng mahimasmasan ka…,"  Ella grabbed her arm as they went to their lockers.  Jovee handed them their bags, and he murmured, "Sorry, Ly…"