Chapter 6

"Are you completely stupid?" Natalie moaned down the phone.

I rolled my eyes and leaned back against the cool wall. "No I'm not Natalie. I just can't see how I could ever live through something like this."

"We need the money." She hissed. "Would you rather have to spend time with your little toy boys and be able to eat a nice breakfast or would you rather sit in a dingy house where you can have a shower just by standing under a hole in the ceiling?"

She was being totally inconciderate. I thought she understood how I felt towards them, especially George, but clearly her mind was too fixed on economic problems to care about that. Could I really do this? To everybody else I was completely overreacting but in my eyes this was a huge deal. George looked scared at first, scared to see me, but he had made it clear by his seductive whispering that he thought this was all a game. How pathetic of him. How childish could you get, really though? It had been four years. Hadn't he grown up one bit? Or maybe he actually thought that I could still love him. Maybe he thought that I couldn't resist his good looks and hot demeanour and that sooner or later I'd fall straight back into his muscley arms and give him a snog. Well sorry Harrison, but that ain't going to happen.

"Are you even LISTENING TO ME?" Natalie screeched into the phone.

"Yeah sorry I was just thinking... I am going to do it."

She breathed heavily. "You are?"

"Yes. That pathetic little boy thinks I can't handle him. Well I'm going to show him that I'm a successful individual and I don't need his mop top and fangs to keep my going." I stated, licking my lips and standing up straight. "In fact I'm going to tell them all now that I've changed my mind and I'm going to go along with it all."

Before Natalie could even yell another word into my deafened earlobe I hung up and threw the phone into my bag. I am right, aren't I? That's the underlying situation here. George thinks I still want to be Mrs. Harrison. Well I bet I can go another five hundred years before I even give him a kiss on his stupid lips. I can survive a tour with them. No biggie.

I sighed heavily and straightened my hair before rushing into the other room. John and Richard were lounging on one of the  small, plush sofa's and reading some large book that was lying across their long legs.  Paul was talking to Jason and George was sitting on the rug fiddling with his thumbs. They all looked up at me with eager eyes.

"Yeah so, I'm going to go on tour with them after all." I said blatantly to Jason's face.

"'Them' have a name, you know." John retorted with a small laugh.

"And I don't care, you know."

Jason clicked his tongue. "I'm glad you see sense, Caitlin. I do apologise for shouting at you earlier but if my artists don't appreciate some of the things I plan for them then I do have the right to get a little strict. I understand that you're close friends with the boys but I hope that it doesn't get in the way of your work."

"Close friends?" I questioned and then laughed loudly. "Well that's certainly a way that I wouldn't put it."

I could see that the boys were sitting in silence, awkwarly looking at eachother. I coughed quietly and stepped towards Jason. "So is there anything else you needed to say to me?"

"Well you'll probably be here all night so I suggest you head down to the canteen to get a bite to eat and then we can all meet in my office to discuss some things further. Yes?"

I shrugged. "Whatever."

*****

People seemed to stare at me as if to say, what is a girl like that doing plodding around in this fine establishment? I just breathed in, trying to keep a low appearance as I dodged past several smart looking people. I headed towards what looked like some sort of stall selling all different snacks and small foods. I peered up at the lady who was straightening out her black tailored trousers and picking at her painted finger nails.

"Um, can I have a bagel please?" I asked, taking a peek at the sweet smelling bagels lined up under one side of the glass counter.

The woman gave me an undecipherable look and blinked her eyeliner-heavy eyelids before reaching forwards and grabbing a bagel, sprinkling it with sugar and placing it roughly in a sheet of tissue paper.

"That's seventy pence."

I swallowed and opened my bag, managing to scrounge a fifty pence piece and a twenty. I rolled them onto the counter and took the bagel from her hand. The lady didn't even bother to look at me twice and turned around to fiddle with some papers behind her. I rolled my eyes.

Before I could spin around, a sturdy arm had snaked itself around my shoulders and a dark, raspy voice said confidently, "New here then love?"

I glanced up at the unexpected male; semi-long blonde hair, clear blue eyes, stubble lingering on his jaw line that could cut glass, and cheeky dimples that came apparent when he smirked. He looked like the typical bad boy that listens to led zep and hardly known indle labels. That's me being completely totally non-stereotypical there, as you can see.

"Yeah, in fact I came in earlier today." I replied, trying to act casual as his heavy arm still hung on my limp shoulders. The scent of leather and aftershave entered my nostrils.

"Well then, honey, it's your lucky day."

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "And why's that?"

"'Cause I'm a hot guy and I got nothing do right now." He stated simply, with another smirk.

I licked my bottom lip. "And your point is..."

"Well my point is you can come hang with me." He laughed, and steered us towards a ledge that stuck out of the wall underneath a large window.

"Erm, okay then, but I've gotta get back up to Jason soon."

He unlocked his arm from around me and stared into my eyes, making me feel strangely vulnerable but enticed at the same time. "So what's yer name?"

"Caitlin." I mumbled. "And you?"

"I'm Dylan."

I smiled and then peered down at my bagel before taking a bite. The sweet freshly-baked taste entered my longing tastebuds.

Dylan watched and then tucked a strand of my long hair behind my ear, causing me to stare at him again in bewilderment. "So, why you here? You a singer?"

"Yep. Well, not yet. But I'm being signed."

He nodded. "That's cool."

After around five minutes the door to the canteen opened and I saw a very familiar silhouette enter the dull, bland room. George. I watched as he headed across the room towards one of the food venues, but before he reached the stall his eyes linked with mine for a few seconds before he gave me a smile. My heart fluttered for a split second.

"Did George Harrison just smile at you?!" Dylan asked in total suprise.

"Unfortunately."

{ooh cheeky. haha I asked my friends on twitter what I should call a character who is hot and rebellious and has longish blonde hair with blue eyes and stubble and they both said dylan at the same time o_o it's fate my friend. Hope you liked this chapter oh I'll write more soon c: ~Beth}