Chapter 14

For some reason, I had allowed people to force me into a giant bus with a couple of grotty beds and takeaway phone numbers stabled to the walls. And for some reason, I actually thought that it was going to be the glam touring life that the films and documentaries push into your face.

It's not, by the way. It is, as I said, grotty.

It was a month after the minor car accident and everyone was feeling (kinda) better and everyone was (kinda) up for work again, and Jason had (kinda) persuaded me to actually go on tour. Which is really weird, because I really really really did not want to tour with the beatles, and in all honestly I think that the night I said yes it was an alien that had possessed my body because I was quite opposed to the idea. But somehow, somehow, Jason had persuaded me.

So, here I was, lying upside down with my head dangling off one of the small bunk beds in the back of the bus, at 3 AM, playing Sims 3 on my small laptop. The smell of vegetable stir fry noodles and very greasy chips was still potent.

"Caitlin." Someone whispered from underneath me. I ignored.

"Caitlin!" They whispered again, louder.

"What?" I mumbled, flopping my arms down on my legs and screwing my eyes up.

"Why the hell are you not asleep?" It was Paul.

I breathed in through my nose slowly, my eyes shut. "I don't know."

"Well get asleep kid!"

"I'm not a kid."

He rustled in his bed sheets slightly until he was sitting up in his bed. All he could see was my head dangling down. "What are you doing?"

"Playing Sims."

He looked agitated, until he smiled slightly and laughed quietly to himself. "Seriously Caitlin. You look like a dead animal during the day, complaining about lack of sleep, and then when you're in bed you skip your napping to play Sims."

"A dead animal? Cheers."

"SHUT UP WILL YA?" John shouted all of a sudden, making me jerk in shock and whack my head into a wood pannel next to my bed.

"Thanks John for giving me BRAIN DAMAGE!" I screached, shutting my laptop and slowly reaching down to sling it onto the floor.

"You're gonna give me brain damage girl if ya don't shut up!" He replied, growling heavily before turning over in his bed.

"Shove off, I wasn't even talking. You're hearing things." I muttered before climbing fully back into the claustraphobic bed.

"Please hush." Ringo wimpered in a really weak voice from somewhere to my left.

I felt bad for waking everyone up. So I just didn't reply and shrunk lower into my bed, so the blanket covered my face and my body was curled up in a small ball. It made me feel slightly warmer.

--------

"Thanks Birmingham! You've been the best!" I yelled into the microphone, sweating terribly but smiling uncontrollably. "I'd now like to bring on some boys I'm sure you've all been drooling over all week, so here come the beatles and see you all later!"

Everyone in the audience was roaring and screaming and I laughed to myself before jogging off stage, bumping directly into George who was about to run on.

"Good luck."

"Thanks babe."

I watched on as he jogged onto the stage, greeting the masses of people who were screaching and crying out his name. Wow, he's not that special.