Chapter 35

'Splash' The flowing water splashed on Zaria's feet.

"Why are we here?" Zaria asked looking at the fishes playing around the glittering pebbles at the bottom of the ocean shore.

"Just wait for a bit longer." Stuza sat on one side of the small stone platform.

They were finally resting after traveling for god knows how long.

They hardly slept and there was no light to actually point out the difference between day and night.

When they finally came out of the forest they were standing right in front of a three colored sea. The colours looked heartwarming right after getting out of an endless series of tunnels built by the Dwarfs.

They had traveled for so long in darkness within the misty and cold tunnels with temperatures that seemed to fall below the freezing point. As they stepped out into the sunlight Zaria first noticed Ateel's pale skin. The mist and darkness seemed to have done more harm than Zaria expected. It had snatched away the pink glow that was always noticeable on Ateel's cheeks.

The traveling had also weakened her smile. Her eyes looked dull and tired.

"Afterall Ateel was always more normal than me." Zaria said to herself as she sat beside Ateel making her rest on her shoulder. For Zaria she was just tired and wanted some rest but nothing else changed. It would be hard for people to believe her if she said she was tired or felt sick.

Ateel was stronger than Zaria in many ways as Zaria could not bare extremely cold or extremely hot temperatures. The only thing that gave her an edge was that she could recover so fast that it would be impossible to notice even before she was back to normal.

Time passed as they just sat under the shade of a tree waiting. The Sea was sparkling and the small waves crashed against the rocks.

"What is happening?" Zaria pointed out as her eyes fell on a large wave approaching the shore from one side. "Why is the water at that side increasing at such a fast pace."

"Shouldn't we move away?" Ateel at once caught Zaria's hand and stood up. Her already pale and sick face which was slowly regaining color plugged back as her heart beat suddenly increased.

"Don't worry." Stuza smiled brightly "That's what we are waiting for."

"Huh?" Zaria looked at the excited Stuza doubtfully. ' It's alright if it's a tsunami, I would like to see it one myself so I am looking forward to it but...'

Stuza noticed Zaria's gaze and aggressively shook her head.

"It's not what you think." Stuza calmed down a bit and continued explaining. "That's the sign of the sea community approaching."

As soon as the words left Stuza's lips they were caught by Zaria's imagination as she at once turned to face the direction of the fast-approaching wave.

She suddenly recalled a poem she had written when she was in middle school.

Far beyond the Sea,

And far across it.

I see something with an enormous fleet.

Is it a horse I see or is it a dear?

No it's not what I think,

It's what I believe.

Zaria's eyes fell on a golden tail as it splashed the water and continued approaching them. Her own poem rang it her head as she stared at it.

Is it a fish?

No, they have human bodies.

Are those the mermaids I read and saw,