Chapter 2: Unexpected News

INT. IN THE LIVING ROOM OF CHARLES. DAY.

Around 2 weeks later, on the 29th of February, Charles began to think about this kind of weird superstition from his mother: You should not do anything stupid on the month of February, or else bad luck will happen to you. He did not know why he was constantly thinking about it. While he was having his breakfast in his condominium unit, he heard a knock on the door. He looked at the peephole of his door. He saw the girl he hooked up with last Valentine's Day, Liz. Why is she here? He doesn't know.

He opened the door.

CHARLES:

Hey, what brings you here, Liz?

LIZ:

I'm pregnant, Charles!

CHARLES:

(shocked, confused, and initially speechless)

Congratulations!

LIZ:

Congratulations, too!

CHARLES:

(more confused)

What do you mean 'Congratulations, too'?

LIZ:

You're the father!

CHARLES:

I'm the father? How come? Liz, listen, you recently broke up with your boyfriend. There's a hundred million percent of probability that he's the father of that child.

LIZ:

No. It's yours!

(couldn't see directly in his eyes)

We had sex last 10th of February; he used a condom. So, there's a hundred million possibility that he did not sire this baby.

CHARLES:

It might not be from me! It might be from some random guy. It might not be mine!

LIZ:

Don't treat me like your usual girls. I'm not what you think about me. It's all yours. You are the only I guy slept that night.

CHARLES:

Look at me! Look at me.

(Liz looked at him in the eye)

Is it mine? Yes or no? Answer me while looking in the eye!

LIZ:

Yes! It's yours!

CHARLES:

You're such a crazy girl. Don't fool me!

LIZ:

It's yours! The baby is yours. If you can't acknowledge, or even take responsibility for this thing, I can ruin your popularity. I have friends who are journalists.

CHARLES:

What do you mean?

LIZ:

I'm gonna prove to them that this baby is yours and yours only. If you won't acknowledge this, maybe the crowd will force you to do so.

CHARLES:

Watch out for your actions. I might file a case, LIBEL to be more specific for spreading false news.

LIZ:

Law is your friend, mine is the crowd. Good luck!

She went to the door, opened it, went out, and closed it forcefully.

He instead knocked the wall.

CHARLES:

(seemed very angry)

Why? Why is this happening to me? I already have my project. This should not happen!

5030708