Chapter 21: The Real Suspect

INT. IN THE LIVING ROOM OF CHARLES. NIGHT.

Charles and his parents (Jose and Evelyn Gomez) were found watching the news. Pedro was also there.

CHARLES:

I am just so confused. Why do they implicate me? My conscience is clear. I did not kill her.

JOSE:

Don't worry, son. Truth will show up. Don't worry.

CHARLES:

My life is so messed up already. Why did life put me in this problematic life? I did not deserve this life. I just lost almost everything in life.

EVELYN:

Son, be strong. Everything will work out just fine. If you want, we can go back to the United States to actually live there forever.

CHARLES:

I don't know. I don't know if I can live with that reputation anymore. An alleged killer of my former lover. How could I live like that?

JOSE:

Son, son, look at me. Look at me. At this point in time, you should take note of this: It doesn't really matter what others think of you. What matters is that your conscience is clear. What matters is that you know the truth. Do you understand, son?

CHARLES:

I don't know what to do, Dad.

JOSE:

Do you understand, son?

CHARLES:

Yes, Dad.

PEDRO:

There's breaking news!

Everyone caught attention to the television.

VOICEOVER (NEWSCASTER):

The real suspect to the murder of Elizabeth Perez and Carla Gomez finally surrendered himself to the custody of NBI.

CHARLES:

Who's that?

VOICEOVER (NEWSCASTER):

His name is Juan Santos. He claimed to be the father of her daughter Carla.

CHARLES:

He? He killed them?

VOICEOVER (NEWSCASTER):

He claimed that it was an accident that he killed Liz.

CHARLES:

I need to go to him tomorrow morning.

INT. IN THE ROOM OF NBI. DAY.

On the 20th of December, Charles, hi s parents, and his manager came face to face with Juan Santos. Juan Santos looked face down. He seemed to be embarrassed for what had happened.

CHARLES:

What happened?

There was no response from Juan.

CHARLES:

What happened?

There was still no response.

CHARLES:

(shouted)

What had happened?