Chapter 18: The Confrontation

INT. IN THE LIVING ROOM OF LIZ. AFTERNOON.

As Liz was carrying Carla, she heard a doorbell sound. She left the baby in the baby crib. She went outside.

EXT. IN THE GARAGE AND GARDEN OF LIZ. AFTERNOON.

She went to the gate and opened it. She found Charles holding two envelopes.

LIZ:

It seems as though you already had the results.

CHARLES:

Yes, I do.

(gave one envelope to Liz)

LIZ:

(read the paper on the envelope)

This is ridiculous. It says you're not the father.

(threw the paper and the envelope to him)

CHARLES:

Second opinion

(gave another envelope to Liz)

LIZ:

(read the paper on another envelope)

What the hell!

(shocked)

It's his....

(seemed to be speechless)

CHARLES:

So there are two proofs of my claim: I AM NOT THE FATHER OF YOUR OWN DAUGHTER.

LIZ:

It's not true! It's not true! It's not true!

CHARLES:

Why not lie if I had two evidences already? You lied many times.

LIZ:

It's not true! It's not true! It's not true!

CHARLES:

I wanna know the truth! I wanna know the truth! Why did you do this to me?

LIZ:

It's not true! It's not true! It's not true!

CHARLES:

Hey, you're already lost. I already won in your own dirty tricks! Why did you do this to me?

LIZ:

It's not true! It's not true! It's not true!

CHARLES:

(shouted)

Fuck the shut up! Why did you do this to me? Why did you do this to me? Why?

LIZ:

(started to cry)

Because, because....

CHARLES:

(shouted)

Why did you do this to me? You know that you ruined my life and my career. Do you know that? You ruined my life. You're too selfish to know and understand that! You're too selfish.

(mellowed his voice)

Why? Why did you do that?

(started to cry also)

Why did you do that?

LIZ:

(was crying)

I want revenge, I want revenge, I want revenge.

CHARLES:

What revenge? We just fucked each other. Nothing more, nothing less. We enjoyed it. Why do you want revenge? What a stupid mind you have?

LIZ:

(slapped Charles on the face)

You don't know what I experienced. You don't know. Even if you know, you may not understand what I had gone through. It's true that Juan and I had sex on the 10th of February without condoms.

(inhaled deeply)

INT. IN THE BEDROOM OF JUAN. (FEBRUARY 14, 2017) DAY.

VOICEOVER (LIZ):

That Valentine's Day, my boyfriend and I made love.

Juan was awake in the bed; Liz was still sleeping. He woke her up. Then, he mounted her while they were kissing so hard.

INT. IN THE HALLWAY OF A CONDOMINIUM UNIT. (FEBRUARY 14, 2017) DAY.

VOICEOVER (LIZ):

Afterwards, I pretended to go to work to surprise him. I went to a store to a liquor store to buy wine. I thought I might surprise him. No, he surprised me. I found him kissing another girl.

Liz was walking in the hallway of a condominium. She opened the door of a condominium unit of Juan. She was shocked when she found Juan kissing another hot girl. She dropped a bottle of wine. Then, she ran up to the elevator. An elevator opened. She entered the elevator.

INT. IN THE ELEVATOR. (FEBRUARY 14, 2017) DAY.

VOICEOVER (LIZ):

I wanna surprise him because I am pregnant. He is indeed the father.

The elevator closed. She held something in her pocket. She held a pregnancy test. It has two red lines. But she cried.

EXT. IN THE GARAGE AND GARDEN OF LIZ. AFTERNOON.

LIZ:

What revenge I am talking about? I wanna avenge my broken heart... by telling him that he is not the father of our child. Because you ran into me that night, because you fucked me, I think that it would be a perfect time to present you as the father. I want to heal my broken heart.

CHARLES:

What the fuck? You just ruined my life! You just ruined my life.

LIZ:

Sorry. Sorry. Sorry for everything.

CHARLES:

Sorry. There's no point in being sorry. You have just ruined my life.

LIZ:

(knelt on her knees and trying to hold Charles' knees)

Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

CHARLES:

As for the promise, I will do two things. First, I will say to the world that you fooled me. Second, I will remove my surname to your daughter. In addition, our engagement is now broken.

LIZ:

(was still kneeling and crying)

No! No! No!

CHARLES:

I hope that you and your daughter will now be lost in my life forever. That's my wish now that I found the truth. Get lost in my life forever! Get lost in my life forever! Get lost in my life forever!

Charles left. Liz was left kneeling and crying.

'14yY