Chapter 4: Press Conference

INT. IN THE PRESS CONFERENCE. DAY

On the 8th of March, Charles and were found in a rectangle table, in front of the journalists wanting to ask the actor and the photographers taking photos of him. On the right side of Charles was Liz, the girl with whom Charles had sex with.

CHARLES:

Hello....

(Everyone silenced themselves.)

So we announced a press conference to answer all of the allegations and to clear this all up....

(Everyone murmured their shhhs to silence everyone.)

I announce that I sired a baby with this girl on my right, Elizabeth Hudgens.

(Charles catched his breath first before continuing.)

I am the father of the fetus in her womb.

Everyone was shocked. Numerous questions flooded him but only one question was audible to him.

FIRST JOURNALIST:

Is it true that you initially did not recognize the baby?

The question shocked Charles. He first turned to his manager Peter, who nodded at him. Then, he turned to Elizabeth who seemed to be absent-minded.

He faced the crowd.

CHARLES:

Yes, it's true!

FIRST JOURNALIST:

Why did you do it?

CHARLES:

(He seemed hesitant but he trusted his gut feeling.)

Like most of the fathers who sired a baby under unexpected circumstances, I'm still unprepared to bear the difficulty of fatherhood. I've seen most of my cousins siring a baby under unplanned situations and I know, through watching how they grow to become responsible fathers, I know that it's hard. You would have to lose most of the perks of being a single just because you have to care and prioritize your baby. And having that situations enter my life right now, I kinda think I cannot be the father. But I realized that I don't wanna have a baby who would hate me later on because what I've done. So, I'm gonna start to be a responsible parent now.

PEDRO:

Next question please.

SECOND JOURNALIST:

Didn't you think the easy way out, abortion?

CHARLES:

Abortion, abortion, abortion. Honestly, I didn't think about it. It's only now that I think about it.

SECOND JOURNALIST:

In that case, are you considering abortion as an easy way out? You could regain your single status by abortion. And perhaps, you could....

LIZ:

(stood in front of the press)

How could you ask, and suggest that in front of me, in front of the millions who might be watching this? This is not a joke! There is a human being already in my womb. And then, there you are suggesting to the father of my child to pursue abortion. For your information, even if he agrees on that, I'm not gonna kill my own child inside of me.

CHARLES:

(to Liz)

Calm down, calm down, Liz. We're live. Calm down.

Liz sat down.

CHARLES:

Sorry for the interruption. Well, that's a nice question... Actually, I'm not gonna kill my own child. I'm not gonna perform abortion. I hope that's clear.

PEDRO:

Last question please. We still have few things to do today.

THIRD JOURNALIST:

Are you afraid that your career might hurt because of this?

CHARLES:

I don't know. I don't think so. There are so many married dudes or single dads out there who have been given a leading role. That might apply to me too. If they don't want to cast me because of this, it won't hurt me. I'm sure there are other opportunities that lie ahead of me. It might not have been on acting. I don't know. I'm sure doors will still be open to me, same door or just a different door. Thanks.