Chapter 5: Getting Ready for the Coming

EXT. IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE OF LIZ. AFTERNOON.

A car stopped in front of the house. The house was a typical subdivision house with a paint of black and white. It was a two-storey house with a balcony. Also, it had a garage enclosed by the gate. In addition to that, it had a Bermuda grass beside the garage.

In the car, someone stepped outside. It was Liz. She opened the mini-gate, which is just part of the main gate. Then, two guys got outside too. They were Charles and Pedro. They held many plastic bags full of what they have bought. Also, Charles brought a stroller.

EXT. GARDEN AND GARAGE OF LIZ. AFTERNOON.

They entered the garage. There they found her car. It was a red car which was popularized way back ten years ago.

INT. IN THE LIVING ROOM OF LIZ. AFTERNOON.

They went inside the house. It has very modernized stuffs like flat-screen television and electronic cooker. The actor and the manager placed their purchases on the table in the living room. Then, they sat on a wooden couch. After setting up the air conditioner, she went closer to the two of them.

LIZ:

Thank you!

CHARLES:

(said flatly)

You're welcome!

PEDRO:

(said lively)

The pleasure is mine

LIZ:

How come you already recognize the baby?

CHARLES:

I don't know. Peter just advise me to just do it for your sake and for the sake of the baby.

PEDRO:

Yes. I advised him to recognize his baby for the sake of the baby, for the sake of my talent, and for your sake too.

LIZ:

Thanks!

CHARLES:

May I ask something personal?

LIZ:

No problem!

CHARLES:

How come you want your child to be recognized and to be given compensation? I mean, it's a trend already to be a single parent.

LIZ:

I was a product of unwanted pregnancy. I was a product also of a one-night stand. From the moment I was born, I was left to my aunt, her husband, and her only son. Then she flew away to United States to marry a foreigner. I had such a good life until my uncle died. I realized, through my aunt, how hard it is to be a single parent. Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for marriage if that's what you want. I'm looking for financial support. Also, I want my child to be recognized because I don't want my child to experience being unwanted by his own father.

CHARLES:

So, now I understand. How pathetic your life you've got!

PEDRO:

Charles. Manners! It's a very serious situation. Don't be apathetic about it. Give her even just a bit of empathy.

CHARLES:

I just wanna get out of this mess already!

PEDRO:

Charles, we talked about this, right? Be a father!

LIZ:

Please, Charles. I'm not asking you to be my husband because that's a million times impossible. We only met, had sex but made a kid. We will not fall in love with each other. But this I ask you please be a father, a good father, to my kid, to our kid. Please, understand me. I don't want that my kid would experience the same kind of rejection I had.

CHARLES:

Wow! You're such a gold digger.

LIZ:

I'm not a gold digger like your other girls. I had a business; I had a clothing line here in the Philippines. I am making more money.

CHARLES:

So, why are you bothering me then? You do have a business, a booming business, to support your mommy needs.

ELIZABETH:

I want recognition. I want my child to be recognized. That's the only thing I need.

Charles was thinking for a while when a ring tone was heard from the cellphone of Pedro. He took the phone and read the text message silently.

PEDRO:

Charles, you are out of the romantic comedy movie already! You're out!

CHARLES:

See, what happened, Elizabeth? See? I'm out of that movie anymore. It's all because of YOU... YOU... YOU!

ELIZABETH:

Why are you blaming all of this to me? Remember, you still did your part here. You fucked me. We're two consenting individuals who agreed to have sex. You still had your participation here so you need to cooperate. Stop whining and complaining. Start acting like a man! Don't act like a teenager because you're not anymore. You're already a father.

CHARLES:

(thought for a minute)

Here's the deal! I'm going to support the child financially. However – this is the most important thing – I still need to know the truth. Upon the birth of the child, I want to subject him to DNA testing for proof that I am the father of that child.

ELIZABETH:

Not again.

CHARLES:

I think you succeeded already in hurting my career. So, I think there's nothing to lose now because I have nothing already in this show business. And because there's nothing to lose now, I can do anything including the DNA testing. I don't care anymore what the public thinks about me. I ONLY CARE ABOUT THE TRUTH. Do you understand?

ELIZABETH:

As you wish. So what's the plan next?