Chapter 1: A Night to Save

VOICEOVER:

Today is one of the most anticipated days of the year. It's the 14th of February 2017.

FADE IN

EXT. RECTO AND AVENIDA. NIGHT.

VOICEOVER:

(speaking while showing the scene)

The hotels have given many promos and discounts to attract their target customers.

There were motels lining up in Recto and Avenida.

INT. A CONVENIENCE STORE. NIGHT.

VOICEOVER:

(speaking while showing the scene)

Outside of hotels, many vendors outside have added their products aside from candy and cigarettes; they are called "umbrellas" and they are quite cheap this day because of a greater demand for those products. It might be a romantic day for some who have a partner

Many people flocked this store. They were all looking on one specific part of the store, the stock of condoms on the cashier.

INT. UNNAMED BAR. NIGHT.

VOICEOVER:

(speaking while showing the scene)

Some human beings are in a "barren state" and in need of a "rain." To get wet in the rain, they would go to bars.

In one of the unnamed bars, a certain guy seemed to be the life of the party. He is a 22 year-old guy named Charles Gomez. A widely known guy in the whole archipelago, he seemed to be at ease in chatting with almost everybody. After half hour, he spotted a hot girl across him. That girl was chatting to his friends; they seemed to argue over something. She seemed so lonely. He looked at her for 3 seconds and then glanced at the DJ playing a DJ set on the stage. Then, he noticed that the girl looked at him. He tried to catch her gaze but failed to do so. He seemed to notice that her friends were looking at him. After a bit of time, they left the girl. It's his chance. He went to the girl.

CHARLES:

Hey. I kinda noticed you're quite sad so I looked at you. Now I'm here, I just wanna say hi.

UNKNOWN GIRL:

Hi, Charles. It's good to see you.

CHARLES:

You know me, huh?

UNKNOWN GIRL:

Of course, you were the child actor back then. Even though you have grown, I still recognize you. I'm just wondering, why did you left the showbiz?

CHARLES:

My parents want me to be educated abroad. They saw that there is no point of me being educated here. Being educated abroad would be a gain for me, instead of a loss. And it is.

UNKNOWN GIRL:

Colonial mentality at its finest.

CHARLES:

(ignored the remark)

So, you really know me, huh. So, I don't have to introduce myself. What's your name?

UNKNOWN GIRL:

I'm Elizabeth. Elizabeth Perez. You can call me Liz.

CHARLES:

(touched the face of Liz)

Oh, Liz. Why are you so sad? What's the story behind your lonely eyes?

LIZ:

(sighed)

I recently broke up with my boyfriend. What a sad Valentine's Day! It's also our second anniversary supposedly.

CHARLES:

(shocked)

What happened? You should be dating him in a restaurant. You should be loved in bed as of the moment. What happened?

LIZ:

(became furious)

I recently found out he's cheating on me. I just wanna surprise him in his condominium unit a while ago only to find out that he had set another party where I'm not invited. That kiss with that other girl. The hug. I almost hit the red wine in his head. That cheater! It makes me furious again.

CHARLES

(touched her red lips)

Don't worry! Don't waste your makeup just because of your failed Valentine's date. I'm sure you're here to replace him immediately.

LIZ:

Yes! I'm going to replace him if possible right here and right now.

CHARLES:

Let's just pretend....

(kissed her red lips)

Let's just pretend that you and I are couples. Let's do what the couples do today. In that way, I might help you forget the pain, at least today. Let's go crazy and let's be young again.

LIZ:

(kissed him hard while placing her arms in his shoulders)

I'm gonna rock your life, baby!

CHARLES:

Yours or mine?

LIZ:

Yours!

They left the club.

EXT. IN THE HALLWAY OF A CONDOMINIUM. NIGHT.

Liz and Charles ran in the hallway. They reached the unit. They made out first. Then, Charles opened the door. They entered the condominium unit. They made out again upon closing the door.

Most of the people who happen to pass by the unit noticed the moans and groans of a boy and a girl. But they just ignored it.