Chapter 22: Epilogue

EXT. RECTO AND AVENIDA. DAY.

VOICEOVER (CHARLES):

(speaking while showing the scene)

Today is one of the most anticipated days of the year. It's the 14th of February 2018. The hotels have given many promos and discounts to attract their target customers.

There were motels lining up in Recto and Avenida.

INT. A CONVENIENCE STORE. DAY.

VOICEOVER (CHARLES):

(speaking while showing the scene)

Outside of hotels, many vendors outside have added their products aside from candy and cigarettes; they are called "umbrellas" and they are quite cheap this day because of a greater demand for those products. It might be a romantic day for some who have a partner. Some human beings are in a "barren state" and in need of a "rain." To get wet in the rain, they would go to bars.

Many people flocked this store. They were all looking on one specific part of the store, the stock of condoms on the cashier.

EXT. MANILA MEMORIAL PARK. DAY.

Charles was in front of the joint tomb of Liz and her daughter.

VOICEOVER (CHARLES):

But I don't need to do it anymore. I'm not fond of instant pleasures anymore. It's a year since we met. You taught me to take things too seriously. I was once a happy-go-lucky boy. You helped me to be a matured person. Even though we did not end up happily ever after, I'm still happy that you became a part of your life. Thanks for being a part of my life. You may have ruined my life; however, you also took me to the right path. I hope that your daughter is still alive too; I have high plans for her too. I wish you and your daughter peace.

He left the tomb with the inscription.

R. I. P.

ELIZABETH PEREZ

September 30, 1997 – December 12, 2017

CARLA PEREZ GOMEZ

November 24, 2017 – December 12, 2017

FAMILY REMEMBRANCE

THE END