Chapter 4

We both sat up against the wall, I hadn't seen Kousei cry like that since he was a kid. Wiping away our tears, I looked up at him, ready to receive what ever he had to say.

Uncovering his eyes he looked up, his head resting against the wall. He took a deep breath.

"I never told anybody what happened between us. One day I saw her, she was sitting in her hospital bed, she looked so pale and breakable. She asked me if I wanted to kill myself with her. And now, I feel like a should've said yes."

"Kousei, no. You need to say aliv-"

"Why Tsubaki, why should I! It's pointless, nobody wants me here, and I don't wanna live without her."

"What about your friends, me, Watari, Nagi, Hiroko, Emi and Takeshi? What about your dad. We need you! I need you...... And you know she would want you to live for her."

"But how can I live when I feel so broken, I'm lost and I don't know where to go or what to do anymore" his voice began to break again. I turned to him and pulled him in my arms and he began sobbing again.

Once he quieted down a little I said, "it's not supposed to be easy, you'll find your way again, you just need to do something, you can't just sit here all day ok?" I felt him nod on my shoulder and we both pulled away. "Ok now let's get you those rice balls."