Bonding

Christopher Brown ,

Sadly , i woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. With my eyes still closed , i patted the bed everywhere until i found it. I brought the screen to my face seeing Robyn was calling.

I groaned and declined.

Im not going to entertain her. She literally said , she had feelings for Avery AND me. But we're bestfriends. Cant cross that kind of line.

It already was crossed but i mean hey ,

I rubbed my face , going to the calendar app because Avery's birthday was soon.

As i checked , i saw her birthday was in 3 days.

I looked at the time seeing it was 9:36 am.

I needed to start looking for her a gift now. Avery doesnt vocalize what she likes but im sure i have to get her something that will blow her mind.

I need to ask August. But i didnt have his number. So i just settled on calling & asking Avery.

After the 3rd ring she picked up.

" Hello ? " she asks all groggy like she had just woken up.

" hey , i need a favor. " i say.

" Chris , you called me ONLY to ask of a favor?! "

" Yeah sure , what is it? "

she saids giggling afterwards. I swear this girl is a clown.

" Can you send me August's number? " i say uneasy

" why do you need his number? Did he say something to you? " she quickly gets annoyed.

" No , Avery , is he around? " i laugh.

" Yeah , hold on - BABE , COME HERE! " she screams.

I hear shuffling and seconds later i hear an accent burst through the speakers.

" who dis? " he asks.

" Aye , this Chris. I need you to help me on some. "

" Nigga help you ? Ion een know you fareal . " August defends.

" I dont know you  " fareal " either . Im only doing this for Avery. Her birthday is soon and i assume you know what she likes. I need to get her something . But i dont know what. " i say.

" ooohhh sssshit! Damn. Yeen lying... You tryna go to the mall today? " he asks.

" Yeah , i need a head start. " i say.

" Aight , imma text you & we can figure out when. "

" das a bet. " i say ,

" Awwready. " i heard him say.

And i hung up.

I shook my head and put on as is in the mm.

I checked my bank account and lets just say i was pleased with what i saw.

I went to my moms room to see if she was still sleeping

But i saw her and my Dad talking.

" Mornin' Momma. " i say as i kiss her cheek.

" Hey baby. Where you going all dressed up ? " she asks.

" im going to go look for Avery a present, her birthday is coming up really soon. " I stress