-Chapter 21-

Misaki is sitting inside of Takumi's apartment when she hears the door unlocking. She gets up to see Takumi. He closes the door and just stares at her saying nothing.

"Did you finish-"

She doesn't get to continue as he walks over to her and embraces her in a hug.

"Takumi what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry," He whispers in her shoulder.

Misaki can feel something on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that alone," He whispers again.

It's a rare moment when Takumi cries in front of anyone. He always tries to hide his emotions. Misaki raises her hands and wraps them around him. A tear slips her eye as she tries to comfort him.

There were two things Takumi always wanted in the past. A long lasting relationship with Misaki and a child to show he could be a good parent despite his past and how he was treated. Five years ago he lost both.

After composing himself Takumi stops crying but keeps his head resting on her shoulder and his arms is still around her. This wasn't how the day was suppose to go. He lost a baby. Not just Misaki but a baby. Whatever happened in the past he'll find out no matter what. If someone was the reason Misaki lost their baby he'll make sure they pay for what they've done.

This just makes him want to never let Misaki leave his side even more. He'll keep her beside him and protect her like he did in highschool. Takumi knows it's too soon to show her the ring so that'll have to wait especially until he figures out exactly what happened in the past.

Misaki is here in his arms and he doesn't want her to leave him tonight.

"Stay here with me tonight," He tells her softly still not letting go of her.

"What?" Misaki asks after not hearing what he said clearly.

Takumi releases her a little so that he can now look into her face. "Stay here with me tonight," He repeats again for her to understand better.

"What? No....Where will I stay?" Misaki wonders out loud.

Takumi looks confused by her answer. "With me in my bed of course."

"Y-You pervert no," Misaki pushes him away blushing.

Takumi smirks at her perverted mind. And she says he's the pervert. "I meant us sleeping and nothing else."

"Oh," Misaki answers looking away.

Takumi uses his hand to turn her gaze back to him. "You sound a little disappointed to me Misa."

"Well I'm not."

"If you are we can change th-"

"No thanks!" Misaki exclaims. She takes a quick look around the apartment. "Fine, I'll stay but can I use your bathroom and a change of clothes?"

Takumi nods and goes into his bedroom to get her a new towel, toothbrush, one of his shirts and a fresh pair of his boxers. He comes back out and points to the bathroom.

Misaki thanks him for the things then goes into the bathroom. After a few moments Takumi can hear the shower. He sits on the couch and waits for her to come out. He doesn't want to keep his mind on a naked Misaki inside his bathroom. Now is not the time but it's been so long.

"Now is not the time," He chants over and over.

The bathroom door opens to show Misaki clad in his clothes.