-Chapter 23-

-Misaki's car-

Unlike most rich folks Misaki uses a regular car instead of a limo. But she does have a driver. She's in the car thinking about her schedule for the rest of the day. So much things to do and so little time. Richard rushed ahead and got the deal before her just like she predicted. She didn't need it that much.

Her cellphone rings. She goes into her purse and see's Kou's name on the screen. Misaki answers, "Hey I just finished the meeting-"

"You have to come to the hospita-"

She didn't get to finish hear what he is saying as a car comes out and pushes her car off the road and into a ditch. Misaki bumps her head somewhere and her driver is hurt from the broken glass. She can hear the car that hit her drive off then she blacks out.

"Misaki what was that?" Kou's voice can be heard faintly on her phone.

"You need to come to the hospital it's you mother. Come quickly before she- well you just need to hurry before it's too late."

"Misaki?'

"Misaki are you listening?"

"It's your mom."

A few moments passes till Misaki's body starts to move. Slowly she awakes holding her head from the pain she feels from hitting her head against the car. She opens her eyes to the inside of the car in a mess with the window shattered and the car door bent up.

"Get out!" She whispers to her driver. It's the loudest she can manage. The driver doesn't respond so she takes matters into her own hands. She leans back then uses her left leg to kick the car door. The door is bent near the lock and hard to open now it's broken.

Misaki gathers together all her strength and kicks the door open. She carefully gets out the car and goes over to the driver. His window is busted open so she shakes his body to wake him up. Luckily, he comes to his senses and realises the situation. He starts the push the door from the inside while Misaki pulls.

A loud cracking sound could be heard from the door as it falls of. Misaki helps the driver to his feet.

"T-Thank you ma'am," He bows over and over showing his deep appreciation.

"It's not a problem. Anyone would help you," She answers stretching her body to make it feel good again but she still feels sore.

"Not everyone would've helped me," The driver disagrees shaking his head thinking all those times rich folks didn't care about him. "It's weird though."

Misaki looks over to him wondering what he means. "What?"

"I could've sworn it was a Walker inc. Limo. Was I wrong," He starts to doubt it being from Walker Inc but Misaki knows better.

"I don't think you saw wrong," She whispers staring at where their car slide off the road.

"What?"

"Nothing," She says then pats her pockets for her phone. She looks inside the car. "Help me find my phone."

"Yes ma'am!"

It's a road no one uses by high end people so there's no one around to help them from the crash. Richard just signed a contract with the owner so of course all evidence will be removed for the owner to keep the contract. The only proof Misaki has is a destroyed car and a unsure driver. Not enough evidence.

It'll be a waste taking this to court. Was Patricia really willing to go at such lengths to keep me away from Takumi? How could she be so cruel? Misaki can no longer take much of this. Forget Patricia. She is just a waste, Richard is the one who'll make everything crumble. His daughter is just mentally unstable.