-Chapter 14-

"Don't think it's easy to get me back. You have no idea what I went through."

Takumi sighs and backs away from her. "You know Misaki, I regret loving you."

"What?" Misaki mumbles in disbelief. Is this guy serious? After everything she went through for him and he has the nerve to say he regrets loving her. He cannot be serious. "You regret loving me?"

"Yes."

"THEN WHY COME AROUND ME?" Misaki yells getting angry. How could he say this to her. It is just like the night they broke up five years ago.

Takumi sighs. "I mean if I didn't love you, you wouldn't be tangle up in this mess with my family. You could've been happy with someone by now..." He holds his head down low to avoid her gaze.

Misaki is surprise but understands why he said that. "What about you then?"

"Huh?"

"What would happen to you if you hadn't met me? You would've gone on each day without a care in the world and not experience happiness," Misaki explains running her left hand through her hair. "I don't regret loving you ever so don't say that. It's just no one from your family agreed to our relationship and I understand why..."

Takumi finally looks at her. "Misaki believe me they do-"

"No," She stops him shaking her head. "They were right. You had a great future ahead of you and I was just a poor girl making things worst for you but that didn't mean I deserved to be treated that way."

Takumi sighs. "You're right but I'm still to blame."

"How?" Misaki questions.

"I couldn't protect you from everything in the past . I was weak and I should've seen how much you were hurting. M-Misaki I am truly sorry for all the things I put you through and your mother...." Takumi trails off looking at her surprise expression.

"What did my mother have to do with you breaking up with me?"

"Misaki liste-"

"What was the deal made with your family for breaking up with me? You know the first year after we broke up and my mother's treatment was denied I found out it was under your order and I thought you must've really hated me. I thought maybe you didn't love me after all since you knew how important my mother's treatment was. I hated you but I was wrong. I knew you wouldn't have done that," Misaki says softly. It hurts to recall the past. She was so scared when she thought her mother was going to die. She took her anger and blamed everything on Takumi.

"I knew there had to be some sort of deal with your family, so what was it?" She asks again but this time her tone of voice is firm pleading him to tell her.

"If I didn't leave you your mother's treatment would've been stopped but I guess they still pulled some strings and did that."

"What else?"

"Your house, maid latte, everything would've been destroyed. "

"So you saved it all," Misaki smiles sadly. "Thanks but please stop."

"Misaki I can't let you continue this with my family. I'll make sure they get what they deserve just please stop!" Takumi begs her. He reaches out for her hands but she moves away.

"I'm sorry but I can't do that. They've hurt to much people close to me and I want to be the one to ruin them all. I won't take my anger out on you since all you did was try to protect me."

"Misaki my mother and I-"

Misaki stops him. "By the way, you shouldn't tell your mother everything."