- Chapter 20-

"Takumi I never cheated on you," Misaki says truthfully. He'll just have to believe her.

"Takumi you need to believe your mother."

Takumi looks between the two of them. This wasn't suppose to be like this. He just wanted his mother to help support them both but it seems that there's more to the past. One of them is right and one is wrong.

"Takumi! Who do you believe?" Patricia asks her son who seems lost in thoughts.

"Mom..."

Takumi pauses and looks between the only two people he's ever cared for in his life. "Mom I think you misunderstood something. Misaki wouldn't cheat on me, I-I just know that. She loved me enough to not do that."

Misaki smiles on the inside. He believes she didn't cheat on him but would he believe the rest of the past?

"And what about her baby huh?" Patricia questions still not backing down till the very end. "Can she explain what happened to the baby?"

Takumi smiles weakly. "When she's ready to tell me the truth she'll tell me. I guess now wasn't the right time," He pauses thinking back about something. "Misaki what did you mean it's my mother's fault?"

Patricia stiffens. She didn't think he would bring it back up. She will not be made the bad guy. "I think she misund-"

"No. That's a big accusation mother," Takumi says to his mother. Misaki wouldn't lie and if this is the mother he knows she wouldn't hurt a baby. She couldn't even hurt a fly.

"I meant tha-" Misaki is cut short by Patricia.

"It was all a misunderstanding Misak," Patricia fake smiles unknown to Takumi. All he can see is his mother's warm smile. Mentally she's warning Misaki to not say anything.

Misaki thinks it over. He just heard about their baby, dropping a huge bomb about his mother wouldn't be the best thing to do right now. She has to take things slowly. Get pass one problem at a time and right now she has to focus on comforting him. She knows Takumi and knows he must be hurting right now just covering it. Misaki cannot hurt him any further in one day but guaranteed she'll tell him about his mother sooner or later.

Misaki stares at Takumi who smiles softly. How could she break his heart. "She's right. It's all a misunderstanding."

Misaki lowers her head while Patricia smirks triumphantly.

Patricia turns to her son. She needs to have a little chat with Misaki. "Honey can you get Misaki some water? This must be really hard on her? Ice water from a waiter."

Takumi nods and gives Misaki one last look before he heads out the room. Patricia waits until the door closes to speak. She looks over to Misaki.

"Well well well. Looks like I won this one," Patricia smirks resting her hand on the table.

"You haven't won any-"

"Sweetheart. You had the chance to tell him but didn't. You won't not matter what you think will ever tell him if you really loved him," Patricia states truthfully and Misaki knows it.

"Takumi and I will get back together," Misaki says confident in her words. She won't leave him no matter what happens anymore.

"For now of course. You won't be with him in the long run I'll make sure of it. You are not right for him," Patricia tells Misaki once again. When will Misaki ever learn? "Enjoy it while it lasts."

"You are terrible," Misaki answers disgusted. How can she not care for her son's feelings.

"No I am a mother who'll do what's best for her son. Don't make me have to remove you from his side or else I'll have to go to extreme measures to do it myself," Patricia leans back in her chair. "Think about your mother's condition."