The Girl of Both Worlds

A/N: Okay, so some of these characters are based off my friends because they wanted to be part of my story. The first pic is of Ayla. I really hope you all enjoy this book because I'm really excited to write this!)

The clashing of the thunder outside made me bolt up out of bed. I was breathing hard and my body was covered in sweat. I check my body, my hands flying over my chest and stomach to make sure my body was not on fire and was whole and together. When I realize I was safe, I flopped back into my bed.

Right before my parents burst into my room. My mothers black hair fell a little past her shoulders and her sky blue eyes were concern for me while my father placed a hand on my shaking shoulders, his power drawing my fear away and making me feel more relaxed.

Mom sat on the bed, brushing a lock of curly brown hair back and behind my ear.

"Another nightmare?" She whispered softly.

My smile was shaky but my voice wasn't which I was grateful for.

"Yeah... Dont worry. I'll be alright."

Mom shared a look with Dad who stood beside my bed. His hand was still on my shoulder and I was grateful for his power of healing and emotion control. He was after all, a vampire.

My Mother, a werewolf, didnt have any powers, and always had to watch helplessly as I panicked if my Father wasn't around. The only few traits I got from my parents was my fathers dark brown hair. Curlyness came from my mother with her black curly hair. However, I didnt have any of their eye color. Only one to be heard of with my eye color to be honest. My eyes were a violet while my Mother had sky blue eyes and my Father dark grey eyes, the color of the raging storm outside my window.

When my parents turned back to me with a look of concern still, I smiled and waved them off.

"Im fine. Seriously. Go back to bed." I tell them.

Mom nodded and gathered me into her arms, and I smelled the fresh smell of baked cookies and apple's on her. Dad brushed a kiss to my forehead after my mother released me and I smiled at him as he sent another calm soothing touch into me to help me sleep and I smiled gratefully at my father. He was unlike many Vampires. Most would kill at the smell of human blood or were more dangerous and venomous to Werewolves.

Since my Mother and Father both had mates who died way before they met one another. They found each other, falling in love. I wasn't sure who my own mate would be. He could either be a Vampire or a Werewolf. For most Hybrids- which was rare since Im the only existing Hybrid in History and being a Werewolf and Vampire, who are sworn enemies- they would likely only have one. Either a Werewolf, or a Vampire. I was leaning more on the Werewolf side because I heard a lot of stories from one of my best friends who lives in my fathers old Vampire Clan.

The clash of the thunder roaring outside made my sensitive hearing hurt more then normally and I groaned at the pain. I quickly hop out and walked to my bathroom, opening the mirror and grabbing two pills of Tylenol and gulping them down with water.

At least my thirst for blood wasn't strong like a normal full blooded Vampire. I stared at my reflection in the mirror, taking in my peach colored skin and violet eyes. I turned off the light, but with my Vampire night vision, I could still see. Which was a pain in the ass. Growling, I turned away, and walked back to my bed.

My phone was flashing which told me I got a message from my best friend, but I was to tired to read it. For sure, Ill be hearing about it from her tomorrow. Oh, and how I know its my best friend and no one else. Shes a Vampire. She stays up at night and goes to night school. She can come out during the day, though it weakens Vampires more with the sunlight and most rather stay in the shadows or just come out at night.

I tell her not to risk it, but she likes to watch over me. Shes a month older then me and is the daughter of the second in charge when the leader isnt there. Vampires also have a King and Queen seconds later, her long black hair reaching her hips and blew up into the air before falling down her shoulders in long straight lines.

"Took you long enough." Cody says, smirking at me as I rolled my eyes playfully at her.

"Says the one who cant come over two hours later because she had to see her cousin." I say and she glowered.

"That was a one time thing." Cody hissed but her green eyes sparkled with laughter.

Green. Not red. Vampire eyes only turned red when they needed to feed or were feeding. However, her eyes were bright, bright green which told me Cody had fed a couple of hours ago. I shook my head and smiled.

"Okay, well now that I'm here, wanna tell me what was so important that you couldn't text me?" I asked and Cody suddenly smiled.

She sat down on our rock and clapped her hands.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to come to the Vampire Gala." She says excitedly and I groaned which earned me a sharp look.

"Come on, it only happens every five years. And the Prince is gonna be there. I hear he's deliciously hot." She wiggled her eyebrows and I raised mine.

"I thought you said he was arrogant and ruthless?"

She wiggled her nose into a disgusting look and glanced at me. "So? He's still hot."

Rolling my eyes, I sighed.

"Of course I want to go. But you know I'm half Werewolf, half Vampire, right? Hybrid: Me, Full-Blooded Vampire: You." I say, saying it slowly which earn me a light smack on my arm.

"Yes, yes, I know of your situation." She waved her hand's in the air as if it wasn't a big deal.

"And you know that they would kill me if they knew what I was and who my parents were, right?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"Ayla! Of course I know! But you've been around humans for your entire 17 miserably life and you can't even smell what you are. You reek of humans." Cody says.

"Even so, my parents would never let me go." I say sighing.

"Say your going to my house. You do know that they know me and know I live alone and would keep you hidden and protected from the Vampire Clan." Cody says and I bit my lip.

"I dont think so." I say and stand up.

It was 6:30 and I had school in an hour. I waved to Cody and smiled

"Gotta go. School in an hour." I say, walking away quickly.

"Ayla!" Cody called, making me pause and look back over my shoulder.

"Think about it. Its in a week and you might even meet your Mate there." Cody says and I actually pause.

I grimace at the thought of my Mate being a Vampire and I nodded.

"Alright. Ill go."