Remembering the Past

"Hey... you mind if I come in?" asked Jake. "Huh? Oh, yeah... sure" Emma replied. Jake strolled into Emma's pale blue and gold room and quickly kissed the top of Emma's head. "How ya doing?" he asked quietly. "Oh, I don't know... I become an orphan in ten seconds, my best friends all the way in California, and pretty much every girl hates me for dating a boy as awesome as you." "Well, I can't deny I'm handsome..." Jake smiled. Emma gave a confused look sarcastically but soon replaced it with a small grin. The cute tussled, golden brown hair, crystal blue eyes, and sharp features made her boyfriend a doll. Every girl was jealous of her and every post she made on a social media was commented with thousands of girls saying "Totes jelly, or IS HE A MOVIE STAR?" or something of the sort. Then Emma once again remembered the terrible accident that had happened to her parents.

"So, Emma, where do you want to go for your birthday? " Peter, Emma's dad, asked Emma. "You know already," Emma grinned. It was a five star restaurant where every morsel of food was craved in Emma's mouth. "Emma, sweetie me and your father are going to check inside the restaurant if our reservations ready so stay out here for a second with Jake, love you." and her mother and father were about to cross the street and ZOOM! Some drunk man whooshed by her parents. They fell to the floor and the cars nearby stopped to take a look. Emma collapsed to the hard, cold, sidewalk and the tears flooded out. Jake rather sternly said "The ambulance and everything will be here in ten minutes until then we can't do anything." Emma, baffled, let out a muffled "NO! There has to be SOMETHING I can do!" then completely fell to the floor 

Next thing she knew she was in Jake's arms awakened by a bird's sad song. She stared at the bird and whispered, "Are you lost too little birdie?" "OH! THANK THE HEAVENS, YOU'RE AWAKE... Emma... I-I have some good news and some bad news. Your father, he, he didn't open his eyes... but your mother is still has a one to five percent chance of living... I don't know what to say babe." Emma ran to her mother's room only to see the doctors coming out with a sad look on their faces. "WHY ARE YOU ALL SO SAD? MY MOM'S STILL ALIVE YOU IDIOTS! " Emma screamed at the top of her lungs. She had lost it. "Honey, I'm really sorry but I'm afraid your parents have both passed away..." said the Doctor. "No way!!" Emma marched into the floor only to cry and collapse again.

Emma then snapped back to reality hearing Jake call her name, "Hey hang in there, okay? Oh, your parents left this for you..." Jake handed her a small piece of paper that said:

Hi Hon...

We knew this would happen at some point or another that man is like no other he is NOT HUMAN... go to our room and take out the small hourglass grandma Helen gave you and put it near your father's computer. Watch the video and focus on it you cannot show this to ANYONE! NOT EVEN JAKE!!! We love you more than possible and always remember "Love is the strongest weapon.¨

Love Mom and Dad.

Emma darted out of her room and told Jake it was something important and told him that she would text him later. She followed the directions on the note and was mesmerized when some sort of magical spell came up. The screen said to read the spell aloud three times and it said that the spell would give the control of power over much but be warned for things may not seem the way they need to be and beware the things you touch. As Emma did so a weird pain grew in her body she fell to the floor and felt a mix of choking and not being able to breath, had something gone wrong? Was this the treacherous end of Emma Blake? All these things flashed through her mind and Emma silently closed her eyes preparing for death.