chapter 2 - the left side

written in a third person point of view...

Opening another can of chocolate pudding, the girl stood up and began to walk again. Today was the day. The day she would finally go outside of what Mike had called 'skool' in the first world. At least, that's how she heard him say it.

The young girl here is known as El by most, Eleven by more, and Jane by few.

Eleven had been here in Hawkins Middle School for longer than she believes she has. Eleven killed the Demogorgon more than two months ago, but doing this extreme task stripped her away of her energy that left her in a deep sleep for a long time. She had woke up only days ago, but refused to leave her place in the school due to fear and confusion.

But of course, this isn't really Hawkins Middle.

At least, not the first world's Hawkin's Middle.

Eleven was somewhere else. She wasn't in such an evil place like The Upside Down, but it was in fact a different place.

Eleven found herself at a pair of double doors. She pushed one of them open, which led her to the outdoors. The air hit her like a fan, only because of the fact that she hadn't been outside in literal months. She jerked her face back from the sudden rush of the cool January air. In her will to leave the large yet some how trapping building, she licked some of what was in the can of chocolate pudding and slowly, as well as cautiously walked along.

Eleven was constantly looking around and observing her surroundings. It was the middle of the day, yet there were no people around anywhere, just like in the school. No one had came in or out of that school while she was in there. She hadn't seen a human being in a long time. The last person that she had ever seen was Mike.

"Mike..."

The first word she had said since she had ended up in this new world. It made her lips quiver and her strength suddenly failed her. She had broken down. Within seconds, Eleven was on the ground, tears pouring down her face like rainfall.

She missed Mike. She missed Dustin. She missed Lucas. But oh, how she missed Mike.

After minutes, she soon stopped crying and rubbed her eyes. She looked around once again and stood up, beginning to walk, this time slower. Her head soon moved down to face the ground, unable to focus anymore. She considered herself to be okay, though, since she had gotten to an area she recognized. It was the place that she and her friends had to hide from who she knew as Papa and the bad men. The same bus was there and everything.

But that isn't all.

This also is the same place were Eleven had taken her friends. She had wanted nothing more than to help and save her friends, but they didn't understand. At least, Lucas didn't. That made Mike get angry at Lucas, is what Eleven had started to remember. They started to hurt each other, and she had stopped it the only way she knew how: through violence.

Did she mean to hurt Lucas? Of course not, but Lucas was hurting Mike, and she just wanted to keep them safe, which is why she directed them there in the first place.

As soon as Eleven did what she had done to Lucas that day, she knew it was terrible and wrong. She knew she had hurt him badly. The overwhelming thought came back over El as she thought back to that day..

The kids had been walking for several minutes now, attempting to find this gate. Little did they know, they would be far from where they actually needed to be. "Oh no..." Dustin said quietly, which made everyone slow down there tracks. "Oh no?" Asked Lucas. "What's 'oh no'?" There was a slight pause before Dustin answered. "We're headed back home."