chapter (0)11 - the meeting

Jonathan's point of view...

It was the next day and I did nothing but frequently check the clock.

11:47

Any day now.

I paced my living as my little brother sat on the couch, watching. He was surprisingly calm. I surprisingly wasn't. The whole situation thoroughly stressed me out and I didn't even know the girl. Well, barely I did. The only thing I really knew about her was that she had mind powers and that she saved my brother from that hell, and honestly, that was good enough for me for motivation to help her and bring her back. She did the same for us. We have the right to repay her.

Will continued to stare at me as my feet moved swiftly from one side of the room to the next. Eventually, he stood up himself and gripped my shoulder. Rather tightly for, y'know, him. I stopped in my tracks as my eyes met his. "Jonathan, you need to calm down. You're making me anxious," he said, hoping to calm me down. I let out a sigh, scratching my head with both of my hands. "I know, Will. I'm sorry. This whole thing is just-" I stopped mid-sentence to gather my scattering thoughts. "strange." "I kn-know," Will stuttered. I started to grow concerned.

I began to notice Will grow pale. My eyebrows furrowed, observing, but staying silent. Suddenly, Will bolted from my grasp and ran into the bathroom. A weekly routine of sort. It was an effect that that place left on him. I sighed, knowing at this point that there was nothing I could do about the constant choking up and visions that he has told me he's seen in the past. It frightens me, though, all the same, and I continue to feel guilty knowing that I didn't save him.

He returned shortly after, smiling lightly, hiding the agony of the situation. I've always admired that in Will. He never complained and he always tried to make things better, even when it was known that it couldn't be.

Will went up to me and gave me a hug, and I returned it, patting his back softly. "You okay there, bud?" I asked in a quiet tone. He said nothing, but nodded instead, letting me know that he's fine. I smiled at his silent response.

We continued to hug until the doorbell interrupted us. It's time.

Will ran to get the door. I saw everyone walk in one by one. Dustin first, then Nancy, then Mike, and last, Lucas. I gave a small smile at everyone when they walked in. I could tell by the face of Mike that he'd rather not be here. Will has told me about the closeness between Mike and Eleven. The kid's probably traumatized.

"Alright, Jonathan and I decided we should just do this in my room. It's back there," Will said, pointing to the back of the house hallway. Everyone nodded and quietly talked amongst themselves while proceeding to the room. Will had led the group while Nancy trailed to the back. I'm assuming to be closer towards me. My smile grew wider as she grabbed my hand and led me into my own brother's room.

"You know, I had to cancel with Steve today for this. He wasn't happy," Nancy said, chuckling softly. I bit my lip and looked down as we entered the room. "Sorry 'bout that," I mumbled as we took a seat on Will's bed. The boys, apparently, decided that they'd be more comfortable on the floor. They all took out their intercoms, stretched out the antennas, and put them in the middle of the small circle that they had created.

It was completely silent until Mike had said something. "So, basically-" he began to say, looking at the others before continuing on. "this is what we have so far: Eleven is not in the Upside Down. She's in a different dimension that we think we can figure out by the flea and acrobat analogy, thing. We've talked to Eleven. Through-" he stopped again and picked up his intercom. "Through these. She found one of ours in the dimension she's in and she's been using it to contact us. It does drain her out, though, so she doesn't really stay for more than five minutes at the most," Mike explained. That's when Lucas took over explaining.