chapter 13 - the harsh

Third person's point of view...

Today, Eleven didn't quite know what to do with herself. She had to wait. She had to wait days before she could even think about being able to try and reach home. She couldn't just stay in the school forever. No matter how much she wanted to because of the safety of it, she just couldn't. El didn't understand what made her feel this way, but she felt as if something beyond everything else was calling her.

Eleven grabbed another container of chocolate pudding before finding her way to an exit of the massive building. Eleven began to walk. She wasn't aiming anywhere. She wasn't trying to hit anywhere particular - in her head, anyways. In her mind, she was just walking; wandering.

Her feet carried her as if her feet were her brain. The girl's top half stayed as is while her feet glided across the earth. Her feet were the only things that were in complete control.

Eleven's mind wandered. Her bottom lip was sliding through her teeth. Her hands; one holding a can of chocolate pudding and the other holding the intercom. The clothes she was wearing have been dry for a long time now since the tank experience - and speaking of which - that was on her mind the most.

Of course, that doesn't mean that she wasn't thinking about Saturday, though she doesn't know what 'Saturday' is. To her, it's just the seventh time the sun goes down; Saturday night.

But, yes, Eleven was still thinking about the sensory deprivation tank. She thought about her and Mike's conversation. She thought about her and Mike holding hands. She thought about her and Mike kissing. "Kiss," she said aloud to herself, still not used to the unfamiliar word that Mike had taught her.

It was normal routine at this point to when Eleven walked through this specific area - the woods - that little creatures such as birds, squirrels, and rabbits would follow her. They didn't phase her and she rather enjoyed their company. "Kiss," she said again. That time, her voice was just barely above a whisper.

Eleven continued to think about it as she walked. Though she didn't understand it, she knew that she loved kissing Mike. She didn't understand what was special about it, but she did love it, not that she understood what 'love' was, either. "When I see Mike again..." Eleven said to the rabbit that was hopping beside her at her feet. "I'm going to kiss him."

The small bunny looked up at the girl and wiggles its nose before hopping away - back into the woods. El noticed that no creatures were following her anymore, which not only confused her, but it made her sad as well.

It appeared as though it was a lot darker in this part of the woods. Eleven had only been walking for about an hour, so it couldn't be the time of day. She looked behind her and noticed that the forest did in fact look lighter back where she had walked through. Looking forward again, Eleven had saw a building she had never thought she would have to see again.

Hawkins Lab.

The lab still stood in its place like it had before. Nothing about it was different. Eleven wanted to go and explore it to see what could be different within, but she knew she shouldn't. She didn't even know what creatures could lie within the gate, let alone inside the monstrous building.

So, instead of going inside of the gate which belonged to the fence that surrounded the building, she simply walked along side of the fence. She looked inside of the fence as well as around her. She didn't want anything to possibly come and attempt to harm her somehow.

Oddly, the area around the large building appeared to be vacant. Other than Eleven herself, there didn't see, to be any other animal or creature around. Eleven found that strange. She would only think that a place such as this that brought so much pain and negativity would be surrounded by terrible things that would bring you the same. But no, it was safe. The exterior as far as Eleven could embrace it, was safe.