Opening

Justine Sky plays Evelyn. Other character photos will be presented in later chapters.
Evelyn
I sigh and roll my eyes as Mr. Patterson lectures on rhetoric and all that boring literature shit. Excuse my language, but this AP composition course makes me want to roll over.

First of all, it's my 17th birthday so I shouldn't be here! My annoying ass parents forced me to come to school. I just turned 17 for crying out loud. Normal parents don't do this, right?

I stare at Mr. Patterson and analyze his mannerisms. He loves gesturing with his hands. How the hell can one be so enthusiastic about rhetoric? He's white, early forties, single. I don't think he lives with his mom though. Seems like he gets girls left and right because Patterson doesn't look too bad.

"Miss Neverson," Mr. Patterson calls on me,"Can you give me an example of rhetoric?"

Everyone turns their heads and stares at me. I can feel Victoria, my best friend, trying to stifle back a laugh.

"Alliteration." I answer calmly.

"And what is alliteration?" He asks prying me on.

"The repetition of the same consonant sounds beginning several words in a sequence." I smile sweetly.

I didn't get into AP for no reason. Lol. Mr. Patterson sort of frowns before returning to teaching. I roll my eyes. The bell rings signaling lunch. Finally!

"Wanna bounce and go get Five Guys?" Victoria asks as I pack my stuff into my backpack.

Vicky is already 17. Daughter of my uncle August and Aunt Aubree, but she resembles her mom more. Light brown eyes and caramel skin. A face that's to die for.

"Girl, I am not skipping school again today. Last time, we almost got caught trying to wait for Royalty." I shake my head.

Victoria and I are juniors while Royalty is a sophomore at Stuyvesant High School in NY. My parents thought it would be a good idea to move out to the city so we're closer to civilization. I'm liking this city life.

"You're such a punk." She says while we walk out into the hallway that's almost empty.

"Look, the school's lunch isn't even gross. I heard they're serving chicken tenders and French fries." I explain.

It really isn't that bad.

"Ugh. Whatever." Vicky scoffs.

Royalty comes running down the hallway towards us.

"Woah, slow down, twinkle." Vicky says.

Royalty stops in front of us with a huge smile on her face,"Hey guys!"

Roy is the peppiest one out of the three of us. She's kinda skinny, light-skin, and has loose curly hair that rests on her shoulders. She's super pretty.

"Hey girl," I reply,"Ready for lunch?"

"Yeah," she replies.

We make our way down to the lunchroom and talk about our mornings. Suddenly, my longtime crush, Keith, comes out of a classroom and begins walking towards us with my brother, Damien, by his side. Keith is a senior like my bro, and he's super cute.

 Keith is a senior like my bro, and he's super cute