8

The cruise they were on took them from New York to Orlando to the Bahamas where they spent time on the beach. Nic got to relax, as was her real purpose for this trip as well as sample a little of the local cuisine. She was a foodie so she was very interested in what each place had to offer.

Dickie, on the other hand, enjoyed the quiet time he had at the beach. If his friends would not invite him to explore a little, he would just stay by the shore, read a book, listen to music and space out, or sunbathe.

"Choy! Magmumukhang negrito ka na dyan! Ikaw din, baka walang kumuha sa 'yo mag-model..." Topper would tease.

Since Dickie didn't really liked being called by his childhood nickname, he tagged along. "At least I get to hang out with Nic...." was also in his mind.

"Nic....may I ask you a question?" Dickie spoke while he and Nic were having a snack on the ship as it made it's way back to New York.

"Sure..."

"What food do you like to eat? I mean, I noticed you trying out the local food on the islands...at you're fond of picking up food from the buffet...."

"Ahh..I'm a chef and a foodie....I'm adventurous that way....but my ultimate favorite is Thai food..."

"Oh! So you like spicy stuff?"

"Yes! If I could, I would probably put chili on everything!" Nic chuckled.

"...sabagay...there's that chocolate ice cream with chili, right?"

"Oh my god! Yes!....but having too much chili is bad so I try to curb my cravings for it....but sometimes, I like to eat raw sili...."

"You what?!"

"Eat raw sili....you know those little ones we have back home?"

"I think they're called...."

"...bird's eye chili.....yeah! They're one of the hottest...."

"...and you pop them like candy?"

"...uh-huh!"

"Sheesh!" Dickie just shook his head and smirked.

"How about you? What food do you like?"

"Pasta....I love pasta....I am still looking for the perfect carbonara...."

"Ah! I cook pasta....actually, the first restaurant I opened serves pasta....well, noodles from all over...."

"Really?"

"Yes...."

"What's the name of your restaurant?"

"The Travelling Elephant..."

Dickie, who was seated beside Nic, looks at her with wide eyes. "That's your restaurant?"

"Yes..."

"I love the carbonara there!"

"Thanks!"

"Guys....I'm gonna tell my Dad na babalik nalang ako sa Pilipinas...." Dickie told Topper and Peps as they were getting ready for bed that evening.

"Huh?"

"....but you said walang patutunguhan yung career mo dun?.....why the sudden change?" Peps asked.

"...Nic..." Topper threw a pillow at Dickie

"Nic" Dickie smiled, his dimple deepening and his ears turning red.

"But you only met her a few days ago...."

"I know...but...."

"But what?"

"I have a feeling I've seen her na...."

"Ano? Deja vu?"

"Parang ganun..."