26

Aside from planning for the wedding, Nic and Dickie talked about where they would live. Dickie's apartment was quite big but was more of a "man cave" than something fit for a small family. It was neat and clean but decorated in a very manly fashion. Nic's flat was just a studio with barely enough room for her things. She had dreamed of a big kitchen where she could experiment on her dishes; they agreed that they wanted a big yard where their future children could run around in.

"....a pool?" Dickie asked.

"....it would be nice....but it's not a necessity....besides, baka maaksidente pa yung bata...." Nic replied.

"...hmmm..." Dickie nodded. "....how many bedrooms?" He continued, browsing thru several architecture and home decorating magazines.

"....master's....kids.....how many kids ba will we have?"

"24?"

"Ahh...so bunk beds sila, ha?....di ko ata kayang maglinis ng 24 plus rooms...." Nic joked.

"Hehehe! No....it's up to you....how many kids would you want?"

"A boy and a girl....."

"That's fine....whatever God provides" Dickie smiled. Nic nodded.

They discussed with their realtor what they wanted and needed. They then visited and viewed several houses within the next few weeks.

"3 bedrooms, 3 baths? With a big garden...." Nic said.

"Okay....this house is new.....it was just built.....4 bedrooms, 3 baths....maid's room....laundry room....." Tricia, their realtor, showed them around a newly constructed house in an exclusive subdivision.

"Hmm...I like the layout...." Nic smiled as they walked around; Dickie was imagining furniture and decor.

At dinner that evening, Nic asked Dickie what he thought about the house that they looked at. It had more than enough space than what they wanted plus some other things that they hadn't thought of. Plus, it was also within their budget and the location was good. Dickie's expression made Nic wonder why he looked the way he did.

"Why the look?"

"Huh?"

"....didn't you like it? I personally thought it was okay....it was actually a good deal...."

"Hmm.....I liked the layout and the space.....pero...."

"Pero....what?"

".....parang may kulang.....something's missing...."

"....missing?"

"....it didn't feel right....."

"Hmm?" Nic was confused. Dickie was very talkative and suggested a lot of decor and furniture during their tour.

Dickie stood up from the table and approached Nic who was seated in front of him. He gave her another puzzle piece.

"....Childhood memories came flashing back...

Of hours spent at play...

Wouldn't it be nice to do that again?

In our own very special place?.....someday...."

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

a/n:

Sorry for the short update....working with a jetlag