15

The girls stayed up all night chatting about things. This was the first time they actually got serious and talked about their lives.

"...mole?" Angela was curious, she looked at Nic as she leaned back on the sofa.

"...oo...mole....may mole sya dito...." Nic rubbed her nape. "I saw it when he was bent over sa sink...."

"I don't get it..."

"Diba our stories checked out....the old house....the sand mound....the empty room....the stuffed elephant...."

"Choy..."

"Choy....and yun....his mole....or birthmark.....basta dito sya sa may batok nya...." Nic reached for Angela's nape.  She was lying on the sofa, her head propped on her hand.

"Ahh...."

"I didn't think about it when I saw it kanina....then naalala ko lang....I used to see that mole kasi when I would watch him play....medyo malaki sya....."

"Hmm....so, anong plano mo?"

"Ewan...."

=     =     =     =     =     =     =     =

"Tama ba tong decision ko, Pare?" Dickie asked Topper as they sat on the stoop of Topper's apartment the following Saturday afternoon.

"Which one?.....what do you want to do ba?"

"I don't know....."

"Mahirap yan.....do you still want to pursue modelling?"

"Pwede....but I think Kuya needs me also in Manila...."

"Hmmm.....ganito.....why don't you go back to Manila and handle your store.....and do modelling on the side.....pwede naman yun, diba?"

"I guess...."

"....diba sinabi mo na kina-Tito that you were going home.....how will you explain that you might stay because you're undecided again....."

"....." Dickie sighed.  He has never been in this situation before;  he's never had to make tough decisions like this in his life.

He turned his gaze toward the block of Angela's apartment and saw Nic and Angela leaving.  He got up and immediately walked toward the girls who were also walking away.

"Angela! Nic!" he called out.

"...kausapin mo na....wala naman mawawala e....."

"I guess...." Nic said as she exhaled and stopped.  They turned and saw Dickie approaching.

"Uy! Hi!" Angela said.  She waved and smiled at Dickie then looked over his shoulder and saw Topper looking at them so she waved at him too.  Topper waved back. "....o sige....I'll meet you dun sa diner.....7pm......bye Dickie...." she told Nic and turned to continue walking.

"Uhh...bye!" Dickie waved at Angela.  "Hi Nic...." he continued, awkwardly, looking away immediately as soon as he their gazes met.

"H....hi....." Nic replied, head down.  She started walking so Dickie walked beside her.

"Musta?"

"Okay naman....did you get to watch any shows?"

"Ahh yes....I saw 'Kinky Boots' and 'Come From Away'...."

"Ah...."

"Ikaw? Have you tried out new restaurants?""

"I discovered some nice places....but I'm still on the look out for more interesting places....yung mga hole-in-the-wall...."

"Hmm....uhh....sorry ha...."

"Saan?"

"Hmm...last week....yung....kiss.....nabigla lang ako....."

"Hmm...."

".....are you.....do you have a boyfriend?"  Dickie asked, speaking slowly.

"....w.....wala......I......I'm....."

"....dating?"

"...no....no.....I just broke off with......" Nic replied.

"Ahh...."  they walked in silence for a while.

"Uhmm.....can I ask you something?" Dickie said as they passed by a small park.  He pointed to it and they walked to an area away from the sidewalk they were on. ".....can I.....can I court you?"

Nic looked up at him. Sure, she was now single again but was she ready for another relationship?  She and Jack ended their relationship as friends anyway.  But Gino; How about Gino?  He's  a nice guy, too. A gentleman. But he liked partying a lot which she wasn't really in to.  Dickie seemed to be more like her.  A quiet type who liked to stay away from crowds.  He was nice too.

".....can we get to know each other more first?" Nic finally spoke after a long while.

"Sure....sure...." Dickie answered, smiling.