11

Dingdong.

"O, hi! Come in, come in! Peps is on his way with the food....Di nyo kasama si Dickie?....what's this?.....O thanks! Thanks!" Topper welcomed the girls to his loft apartment.

"....uh hi! Here's a little something we can share.....bagay naman siguro to sa sushi...." Angela gave Topper a bottle of wine as she and Nic arrived at his apartment.

"....no....was he supposed to be with us?" Nic asked.

"....he said, dadaanan daw nya kayo on his way here....he went back to his place after getting dropped off this morning....sila ni Peps...." Topper explained. "....make yourselves comfortable....I just need to do something upstairs....." Topper said as he went up the loft.

The girls settled on the sofa, looking around the spacious apartment.  Nic looked inside her purse, searching for something. "...ohh shoot!"

"Baket?"

"I have to go back to the apartment....I forgot my wallet....."

"Wallet? I don't think we're going anywhere naman from here....."

"....I think I left it ON the bed lang....di ko natago...."

"...ah sige...."

"Tops....I just have to go out for a bit....I'll be back...." Nic said in a loud voice.

"Huh?....ah sige...sige..." Topper looked over the railing of the loft.

As Nic stepped out of the apartment and walked down the stairs, she met Pepe.

"O....where are you going?" Peps asked.

"I just have to get something back home...I'll be back..."

"Ah sige...see you...." Peps said as he climbed up.

Nic almost bumped into Dickie who was walking on the sidewalk with his head down.

"Dickie!"

"Hey! What are you doing here?" Dickie replied looking a bit startled.  He looked at Nic then at the apartment window then back at Nic.

"I forgot something sa apartment...."

"Ah okay....samahan na kita...."

"Okay....thanks...."

They walk the along the block of Topper's apartment then cross the street to Angela's block.  Dickie is a bit hesitant to to go up the steps to the main door.  Nic looks at him and smiles then tilts her head towards the door's direction.  Dickie skips up the steps and together, they walk up to the third floor of the building to Angela's apartment.

"Sorry for the mess...."Nic says as she picks up some of the clothes that were on the sofa.  "....have a seat muna...." she says as she walks about the apartment.  She tosses the clothes in the hamper in the wall closet and goes into Angela's bedroom at the end of the hall.

Dickie figures that Nic slept on the couch he was sitting on because there were 'girly' stuff on the coffee table (make up and nail polish) and he pulled out her iPad that was under one of the throw pillows that were scattered on it.  He put the iPad on the coffee table and leaned back.  He smelled Nic's perfume on the blanket that was carelessly folded and thrown over the armrest.

"...okay....let's go?" Nic says as she reappears from Angela's bedroom. "....uhh yeah....I sleep on the couch....sorry....ang kalat lang...." she smiles awkwardly.

"Yes!.....sus! okay lang...." Dickie says as he stands up.

They walk back to Topper's apartment and find the three starting to eat.  They were seated around the coffee table in the living room.  The dining table had some things and drinks.