9

Angela and Nic were on deck as the ship sailed back to New York. This was their last day on board.

"...we're docking back in New York tomorrow....back to reality...." Nic sighed as she leaned on the lounge chair they occupied near the pool.

"Oo nga e....sana pwede pang mag-extend ng bakasyon..." Angela replied.

"Hehehe!"

"Ang daya nito....porke't on holiday ka nga.....let me just remind you na after this weekend you're basically on your own....I have to go back to work na...."

"Yeah...yeah...."

"So, anong plano mo?"

"Hmm....ikot ikot siguro....alam mo naman ako, I like to explore...."

"Ingat ka lang, okay?"

"Oo naman...."

"So, how are you planning to tell your dad?" Topper asked Dickie who was seated on the bed opposite his. They were packing their stuff because they were returning to New York the next day.

"....I changed my mind...I want to try out something else in Manila..."

"Diba may business kayo dun?" Peps asked.

"Oo...sina Kuya ang nag-h-handle..."

"There you go....volunteer to handle one.....diba graduate ka naman ng business?"

"Yeah....business management....."

"...wait....if I remember, honors ka pa....."

"...cum laude...."

"...pero modelling ang ginawa mo...."

"I was already a model before we entered college....."

"Sabagay...."

Dickie found Nic on deck that afternoon and approached her.

"Nic....nic....."

She couldn't hear him, she had her earphones on.

"Nic" he said again as he stood in front of her, casting a shadow on her.

"Oh, sorry....yeah?" Nic replied and pulled the earphones off.

"What are you listening to?"

"Ah....nothing....what's up?"

"What are your plans after we dock back in New York?"

"Hmm...wala naman so far.....I'm still on holiday..."

"Ahh"

"....I'll fly back to Manila in 2 weeks pa...."

"Ah talaga?"

"Yeah....you?"

"Wala rin....hahahahahaha!.....I have an interview at this modelling agency after the weekend.....then wait na naman...."

"I see...."

"I was wondering...."

"Hmm?"

"This will be my first time to explore New York.....but sina Topper and Peps go back to work after the weekend.....do you want to explore together?"

"Sure! I'm actually thinking of exploring the city by mouth...."

"By mouth?"

"....kakain....tikman natin yung iba't ibang food...."

"Oh yeah! You're a chef...."

"Yep! And this trip is sort of research for me....as well as a vacation...."

"I like your job...."

"Hahahaha!"

"...but seriously, let's explore New York.....by mouth....."