10

At dinner that evening, the guys joined the girls at their table. They had become fast friends and were sharing a very jolly and noisy conversation, getting to know about each other more. After dinner, they shared a table a the lounge and chatted more over drinks.

"So, what are your plans once we get back to New York?" Topper asked.

"Hmm...I have to go back to work...." Angela rolled her eyes.

"...like everyone else...." Peps slumped back in his seat and dropped his head backwards.

"I want to explore the city!" Nic said enthusiastically.

"....why don't you and Nic explore New York together since you're not doing anything naman...." Topper looked at Dickie and suggested.

"....if it's okay with Nic...." Dickie spoke hesitantly.

"Sure! I hope you don't mind walking....."

"....I'm a model....I walk down the catwalk....."

"Yabang! Walk....hindi rampa!" Topper whacked Dickie on the side of the head which caused laughter in the group.

"...no....no....I don't mind.....besides, that's what you really do when you explore diba?"

"It's New York! People walk!" Angela spoke up. "You can get a metrocard at any newsstand and you can use that for the bus...." Angela explained.

"....and subway...." Peps shared.

"..oh yeah, and subway.....I have books at home that you can browse through to check where you want to go and what you want to do....."

"Ayun!" Topper agreed.

While chatting they found out that Angela lived a block away from Topper's apartment.

"Wait...." Nic said.

"What?" Dickie replied.

She looked at Dickie and studied his face, tilting her head slightly and raising her eyebrow. "....Yup!"

"What?!"

"Kayo nga yun!"

"Huh?" Topper became curious and looked at Nic then at Angela. Angela shrugged her shoulders.

"....Anj and I were trying to hail a cab on the day of the cruise....there were other people who were also hailing a cab...when i thought a driver spotted me and was going to approach us, he stopped on the curb and three people got into the cab....I saw Dickie by thecab window as you passed us...."

"Oops!" Peps said.

"....ah...yes....I remember now...." Angela spoke. "There were three people nga on the other curb....buti nalang there was another empty cab a few minutes later...."

"...I think I remember too...." Dickie spoke and everyone stared at him.

"Were you in a yellow dress?" Dickie asked Nic.

"Yes...the same dress I wore...."

"....on the evening when we first met...." Dickie added.

"....but I put on a jacket over it...."

"Yes....yes!.....sorry ha?"

"okay...."

"You looked pretty in that dress...." Dickie spoke slowly and softly.

"Yiheee....!" Topper teased and pushed Dickie. He blushed and his ears turned red in embarassment.

Nic felt conscious, too, as Angela nudged her when she smiled at Topper's teasing.

"....Anyway.....what do you guys want to do ba?" Peps spoke up after the teasing died down a bit a there was a little awkward silence.

"...uhmm....she wants.....Nic wants to explore New York by mouth...." Dickie spoke.

"By mouth?" Topper was curious.

"I'm a chef....and...." Maine explained but Dickie interrupted.

"...and she wants to try out the different food of the city...."

"Ah....eh you?"

"Hmm....Broadway...."

"Eh di perfect! New York is a diverse city! Daming tao! Daming cultures!" Angela shared.

"...and super daming Broadway shows....there are shows on Broadway, off Broadway, off-off Broadway...." Topper added.

"....medyo problema lang yung tickets to the more popular shows....but you can book tickets online or go to TKTS on Times Square....check them out online...." Peps shared.

"TKTS?" Dickie was curious.

"T-K-T-S....its a ticket booth for shows in New York....I think they have several branches around the city but the one on Broadway is the most popular one I think...." Peps further explained.

"What show ba do you have in mind?" Angela asked.

"'Hamilton!'....but tickets are sold out na until next year ata! Like 'Lion King' and the other big shows....." Dickie explained.

"Ay! Grabe!" Topper exclaimed.

"Yeah! But I'm interested in a lot of shows naman also....like, 'Dear Evan Hansen'....."

"Ahh.....wait girls, how are you getting home tomorrow?" Topper asked the girls.

"Shuttle." Angela answered.

"Ah....baka we'll be on the same shuttle pa....we booked one also e...." Topper said.

Angela and Nic looked at him.

"We live on the same street....I think they've figured out by now that we can take the same ride....."

"Ahh..." the girls said in unison.

"What food naman do you want to try, Nic?" Peps asked.

"...iba-iba....the more unusual, the better...." Nic answered.

"...ah....I think there are food tours...." Peps said.

"Yes! I checked online....there's this 'foods of New York Tours'....but I think I want to walk around the Boroughs and explore that way...." Nic explained.

"....ayan, Choy.....Dickie....samahan mo si Nic...." Topper nudged Dickie and tapped his beer bottle.

"...kung okay lang sa kanya..." Dickie answered softly.

"Oo naman...." Angela answered for Nic.

Nic looked at Angela who raised her eyebrow at her friend and smirked.

"....let's fix schedules and talk about it when we get back to the apartment...." Nic chuckled.

"....ahh speaking of apartments....why don't you guys come over tomorrow evening for dinner....." Topper invited.

"...yeah! There's this newly opened Japanese sushi place near Topper's place....you guys like sushi?" Peps spoke.

"....Yes, I do..." Angela replied and nudged Nic.

"...ah, yeah....sushi...."

"So, it's a yes?" Dickie asked.

"....Y....Yes...." Nic said.

"Ok! 7pm at my place then...." Topper raised his bottle to the group.