24

"....tiwala lang...believe...." Dickie always told Nic when she felt she was failing. She was an introvert and had low self-esteem but drew strength from Dickie, her clutch.

Soon, her businesses flourished even more and she was able to open up he fast-food line. Dickie, on the other hand, was also able to expand his product line.

They decided to get married two years after their engagement. They agreed that this would give them enough time to prepare properly for the ceremony. Nic had experience in catering for weddings so Dickie let her decide.

"I just want something small....solemn...." Nic said as she scribbled in her notebook.

"Whatever you want...." Dickie replied. He was lying on the floor beside her, his head resting on her thigh.

"......Nanay, Dad, Mom...I really have a small family....maybe Ninong Buggy and Auntie Jing, and Cheska, my cousin....your Kuya and his wife....Mik can be ring bearer.....for the ceremony.....then, hmm...Toni will be flowergirl.....80 to 100 at the reception?....who do you want to invite?"

"....Topper can be bestman....Pepe can be groomsman....Ninong Ton and Tita Nena?....yeah....small ceremony works....the rest can come to the reception...."

"....Angela will definitely be my Maid of Honor...."

"....here or abroad?"

"....here nalang siguro since most of our friends and family are here...will your Dad be able to come....?"

"....I'll ask..."

"Basta I want it to be small.....intimate...."

A few minutes more the Dickie gently took the notebook and pen Nic was using. "....how intimate?" He asked, speaking softly. He moved to sit facing Nic and wiggled his eyebrows and grinned impishly.

"....naughty, naughty...." Nic smirked. Dickie planted a soft kiss on her lips.

"....let's take a break first...." Dickie suggested.

"Ikaw....Mr. Fernandez....kung ano....ano...ang nasa isip mo...." Nic said, speaking in between kisses.

"I love you" Dickie said, eyes closed, forehead resting on Nic's forehead, his hand cradling her neck.

"I love you, too."