23

"What have we planned for the day?" Dickie asked as he gathered their bags from the foyer to take to the bedroom.

"We can explore the area for a bit....then maybe a picnic?"

"Sounds good....did you shower na?"

"Not yet..."

"Okay...let me just take our stuff in the room...." Dickie said as he walked towards the bedroom.

Nic had been cleaning up in the kitchen after Dickie helped in washing the dishes. She dried them and returned the things into the cabinets.

Nic entered the bedroom and could hear music from the bathroom. As she approached the bed to sit down, she could hear Dickie singing. She chuckled at this "discovery" while she checked her phone. She went to her bags to prepare her things when Dickie stepped out of the bathroom.

"....don't go in for a while...." Dickie pulled on the door as he stepped out of the bathroom.

"....."

".....did you bring any bug lotion?" He asked Nic who was still hovering over her bags.

She handed him a tube of lotion as she stood up and opened the door to the bathroom.

"Whoa!" She took a step back, chuckling.

"S...sorry?" Dickie said a bit apologetical.

"Hahahaha! Sus! That's nothing....normal...."

"....wala namang poop na mabango e...."

"....true!....ano ba kinain mo?" Nic teased.

"......." Dickie looked at her.

Nic went into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. Soon, Dickie could hear the water spray in the shower.

"Do you need help with the lotion?" Dickie asked as Nic applied bug lotion on her legs and arms.

"I'm okay....are you done?"

"Yes....thanks....let's go!"

Dickie took Nic's hand and together, they walked hand in hand around the house. There was a little wooded area just off to the side of the cottage. They stopped to rest in a clearing which was surrounded by the trees. Nature sounds like birds and crickets filled the area. They shared stories while seated on one fallen tree trunk.

".....my dad used to my brother and I camping...."

"Where'd you camp?"

"...hmm...sometimes sa bundok....sometimes sa beach......pero ang pinaka-gusto ko, yung camping sa backyard..."

"Backyard?"

"Oo....dun sa backyard ng bahay namin sa Quezon City....I think it happened after they found me sleeping dun sa grass...."

"Bakit ka naman natulog sa grass?"

"Nag-away ata kami ng brother ko or something....basta dun nalang ako sa labas ng house....sabi ni Yaya, nakita nalang nya ako natutulog dun sa damo..."

"Hahahaha! Wawa...."

"Di naman....makati lang yung grass..."

They laughed.

"......"

"Anong iniisip mo?"

".....nagdala ba tayo ng tent?"

"Anong balak mo?"

"Camping tayo....dito...."

"...wala tayong tent...."

"......"

"Mag-picnic nalang tayo....let's go back to the cottage and get food tapos ditto tayo kumain...."

"Sige...sige!"

They return to the cottage and gather food and stuff they need for their picnic. In an hour or so, they were back in the clearing, seated on a picnic blanket, sharing some sandwiches and drinks.

After their meal, they rested on the blanket. Nic rested on Dickie's shoulder as they lay on the blanket. This was the first time they were intimate with each other.

"To....what are your plans?"

"....plans?"

"What do you want to do pa?"

"Uhmm...well, my business is doing okay....we're expanding a little by adding more brands to our products...."

"Good...good...."

"How about you?"

"The restaurants are doing okay....I might open up a ready-to-eat line...."

"Hmmm...."

They were silent for a long time.

"Ta....I want...."

"....huh?.....what?" Nic looked up at Dickie.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you....."

"....." Nic looked away and noticed that Dickie's other hand was raised and was holding a ring.

She immediately sat up. Dickie sat up as well. "Nic Montecillo....will you marry me?"

Nic was stunned. She hugged Dickie and they cried, happy tears.